View Single Post
      03-27-2020, 08:35 AM   #7087
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Stripes View Post
Is it a replica?? If it is, where did you get it and how much??
I cant afford the real thing...yet... haha
The fact that you have to ask makes me very happy. It's a replica, but a darn good one. I just cant justify spending $7,000 on a chair.

So I did a LOT of research, read a bunch of reviews, etc. Literally I've been shopping seriously for one for probably 5 years but every time I'd get close I'd chicken out for one reason or another. Either it would be some $500 knock off and I'd do the whole "You'll be immediately pissed for buying a cheap POS" thing. I met a woman at a party last summer who works for a company that outfits Amazon's offices with furniture and she claimed she could get me one for $4k. I was SUPER close to pulling the trigger on a real one but even at the steep discount I just couldn't justify it. Especially knowing that my dogs would jump up on it, it will get scratched and bumped and dinged.

So I ended up rolling the dice on the nicest replica I could find. I paid for the upgraded aniline leather and prayed I wasnt getting ripped off with some shitty bonded leather BS. I'm happy to report it's 100% aniline leather. On the back of the arm rests where the leather is folded over and attached you can see the thickness and that it's died black as oppose to painted black. it also came out of the box smelling like leather. So yeah, super happy with the purchase and the price. With a coupon on Amazon it was $1300 with shipping included.

https://www.manhattanhomedesign.com/...SABEgJp2_D_BwE
Appreciate 3