07-22-2018, 01:50 PM   #1
N5GKP
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 325i M Sport

E90 325i.. Let's see if i can improve 'the ultimate driving machine'

Hi All,

I've been using information off this form for a few years now and find it invaluable. I now own my 3rd E90, for the first time i've gone for a 3L petrol.

I've always wanted to do a build thread, one to keep track of my own progress, two in the hopes that if i'm ever out and about if anyone recognises the car they'll come over an say hello!

A bit about myself, I'm a BMW senior technician & MOT tester working at a BMW main dealer in Dorset. I've had cars in the past that i'd modified and messed around with, namely 350Z's, but this is the first BMW i've had the want to change things on. Aftermarket modifications & ICE are going to be a learning curve for me and i'm actually quite excited about it all.

I spent about a month looking for the perfect car for me, and just when i was about to give up and buy any old crap, this appeared. The spec list has pretty much everything i wanted minus one or two things which i could deal with as it's stuff i can potentially retrofit / upgrade myself.

I'll attach some photos of it from Day 1, but i've already changed a few bits that i'll add updated photos for going forward.
The most obvious changes so far are;
Removed original MV3 alloy wheels with mismatched tyres & fitted a set of brand new F30 400m's with matching bridgestone tyres.
Fitted gloss black kidney grills.
Replaced the incandescent bulbs in the angel eyes with LEDs.

I've also just ordered a set of F30 front 340mm Brembo callipers in blue with discs, pads & backing plates

I look forward to hearing back from people with advice, potential mod ideas & also feel free to test my technical knowledge!
Attached Images