08-11-2018, 06:53 PM   #21
Will_460cs
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46m3 e91 N53 e90 n55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil325i View Post
One word of caution on exhaust manifolds Will. Make sure they are compatible with RHD. I've been looking into manifolds for years and never yet found a manifold that will fit the N53 in the UK, because of the intrusion of the steering column. For that reason the N53s sold here had a different manifold from the rest of Europe from the factory.

Think you will find a custom manifold will be the only (expensive) solution...
It give me an excuse to buy a TIG welder (I have been looking for one!), I have a friends that I can use quite often, happy to cut and shut it as necessary they are only 178+ delivery so no big one... once I have done one then perhaps I can do some more...

I am currently looking for confirmation that my MAP has deleted primary cats, I have a suspicion that its deleting NOX cat - i.e. NOX sensor... Why, well I know my NOX sensor is intermittent (INpa f5/shift f2 in 2.023 loader from memory) and my car car happily runs in Stratified mode (inpa f9/f1/f1 again from memory). If my theory is correct then I'm cutting the NOX cat of ASAP! And this provides another benefit of tuning as NOX stuff is crap and unreliable.
Appreciate 0