View Single Post
      02-02-2014, 08:07 AM   #205
TDIwyse
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRotor View Post
So I finished up the install (mostly) and am working on finding the right settings.

What are those of you with meth running as far as nozzles and injection parameters?

I seem to have an almost sweet spot with a 225ml/min nozzle ramping up slowly from 13 to 27psi, then a 500ml/min nozzle kicks in in tandem at 23psi. (49/51 mixture). It's not perfect yet, but I'll get it dialed in. (Note: nozzles corrected for psi of pump)

I was getting some combustion quench in the 13-16psi range from the 225 nozzle when it was ramping up from 10-20 or even 11-24.

I am running this with JBD, but hope to switch that out for another tune later this year once I'm comfortable with what's out there.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Nice!

That seems similar to what I've been running the last couple years. Although I've got mine setup to ramp up with rpm's and boost, because I was also getting some quench if too much was sprayed at low rpm's and mid boost levels.

I noticed Hotrod said he was using 1200 cc/min at 100% methanol for his record 1/4 mile run. That's a lot! Not sure I want to go that high... But I have things setup so I can add another nozzle if/when I experiment to go higher.
Appreciate 0