08-11-2011, 01:29 AM   #1215
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourphish View Post
Hmm, I completely forgot about the reasons why I should get one or the other, thanks for reminding me. I used to shoot a lot of sports (mainly football, bball, tennis, soccer) but now I don't have that much access to the college sports anymore so I think I'll try some FF stuff too.
if you get timing down right and such, for sports the 5DII can be great, however, if you want a compliation of several shots, you can't do much better then the 7D, especially since it has less shutter lag then the 5DII

I generally tend towards my 5DII over my 7D, i just like the smoother pictures with less noise. Not that the 7D is noisy, it's just not as smooth as the 5DII.

the softness of the 5DII sensor is a little nicer when shooting people as well, they don't hate you as much when you can count the pores on a pimple on their face, which the 7D is good for.

it's true however, they both have their desired applications, I wouldn't enjoy shooting wildlife as much without the 7D. This is when the details shine and the extra reach is an asset along with the autofocus.
Appreciate 0