05-07-2018, 03:17 PM   #286
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlow98 View Post
Hi Detailed Image!

I applied Cquartz UK about 2.5 years ago and it’s finally gotten to the point where I needed to do an Iron-x and have been topping up with Reload.

I’m looking to re-do a layer of ceramic. I notice you mention Gyeon Pure on here. Any pros/cons vs Cquartz?

Car is left outside on the street, so the strongest longest lasting coating is my highest priority.

Thanks!
Unfortunately I have not used Gyeon Pure yet at this point so I cannot comment on how it compares to CQuartz. Based on my use of many other Gyeon products, I can tell you I have been a fan of almost everything I have tried from their product line. If you are looking to give something new a shot just for the sake of keeping things interesting, I'm sure Pure would be a great choice.

If you haven't already ready this How-To Article, be sure to check it out: How To: Gyeon Quartz Q2 Pure by Jeff McEachran

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Best way to get the dust off the gauge lenses? I made the mistake of using a pre moistened windex wipe and scratched the plastic on a previous vehicle
Hi - I have not had any issues in the past with a plush, clean microfiber towel and some interior spray detailer.

Double Thick Edgeless Towel
Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer

Zach McGovern
Former Professional Detailer
Detailed Image Ask-A-Pro Blog Author
Appreciate 1
upstatedoc7555.50