06-08-2018, 08:30 AM   #33
203E90
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 X3M, 15 M4

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
Well with all that said, I pulled the trigger on a car. In my cash budget range, I found both E90s and F30s. I want very specific features. The car had to have sport package, premium package, cold weather package and I preferred iDrive and the Logic 7 audio or what ever came in the F30s.

I then realized (after I got my first few paychecks on the new job and balanced my books) I have a lot more money in my budget than expected. Screw it, I want a 335 now. While I may trade off some reliability but I've had turbo cars for the last 7 years (Mazdaspeed 3 GT3076R and the ecoturd Mustang) and I gotta have boost. Plus my friend gave me the perfect analogy.

"I treat my turbos like condoms. I rather have em and not need than need em and not have em"

LMAO Can you argue with that logic?

So yesterday I was doing all my market research for 2007-2014 335s. Again I had specific wants and wouldn't settle. This time they also include auto with paddles, 335i preferred over an XI model, Dakota leather, and never modded, single owner, no accident cars. In NYC HAHAHAHAHA impossible to find. Oddly enough I found exactly that in MD. 2007 335i, Premium Package, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Sparkling Graphite Metallic, immaculate interior, and the exterior is about a 8.5 out of 10. 90K miles. Talked the guy down to $7k out the door which was way under my budget. Has a lot of the service records(I didn't verify that its all of them but it appears to be) and he just took it to BMW for a PPI and replaced the valve cover gasket.

Seeing how this is a "daily" that I will only drive maybe once a week, I am pleased with that find even if it does require TLC which it absolutely doesnt appear to need. Will have a short warranty and the dealer gave me a few other reassurances. I take delivery on the 22nd when I can organize a lovely regional trip to MD. So yeah. I dont have to change my screen name. Got my E90.
Appreciate 0