02-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #25
Shorting
Private First Class
Serbia
Rep
Drives: LCI 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by micah_675 View Post
NP man. I enjoy learning about technology, so doing reseach like that is fun for me. Looks like I will be discussing the lifter replacement or possibly a head replacement with the dealer that sold me my car. I do get the ticking, not as pronounced as some of the videos I have seen, however it is pronounced enough I can hear it with the hood closed (barely). I honestly have no idea what BMW was thinking when they designed such a rediculously comlicated system. Rule of thumb is the more moving parts the easier it is to break. I am sorry to hear of your troubles. I would print out this information and let them know this most definitely is a manufacture defect, and NOT something you could have affected on your own. Assuming you have your oil changes documented they cant argue with you at all.
very cool. ya i dont understand it either. Ya see my car was ticking ever since i bought it but i never cared enough about it to get any of that "fixed"

but ya i have all the documents and the car has the extended maintenance too so i have had it in their for regular check ups and oil changes all the time