View Single Post
      05-27-2019, 08:18 AM   #376
iFlip92
Rep
Drives: BMW 320Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFlip92 View Post
Hello,
I have a problem with my installation and I hope someone can help me here!

First of all I have a E88 135i N54 with heated manual sport seats. Turns out that they put the whole wiring loom in the car even though I only had heated seats so that's great .

I did lots of research and I installed the M3 seats today smoothly and I thought it was a breeze just using the two diagrams (attached). I printed them off and checked off Car side and Seat side wires. Pulled KCAN from iDrive controller and swapped PIN 4 into PIN 9 for lumbar and side bolsters as per this thread. So far so good. Put my battery terminal back on and seats work without a problem for more than 5 mins. The problem is I put the ignition in and I get airbag light and "Restraint System Faulty" error. I do not understand why?
I re-inspected the wiring diagrams and discovered this:
on my Car side - Driver -
PIN 18 Yellow +
PIN 19 Brown -
do not match the M3 seats wiring which is:
PIN 18 Brown
PIN 19 Yellow
for some reason!

on Passenger side it's reversed too:
Car side - Passenger -
PIN 18 Blue +
PIN 19 Brown -
M3 seat plug:
PIN 18 Brown
PIN 19 Blue

So 4 things I'd like to know.
1. I'm surprised my airbags haven't popped if the polarity is reversed? Why have they not?
2. If I reverse the wires to match the colors, but possibly the polarity is correct right now, will I pop my airbags or is this safe to try?
3. Where are the airbag/SRS codes stored as they don't seem to be in the DME? Can iCarly reset the airbag codes? (I haven't bought one yet). I have INPA but never used it so I'd appreciate it if someone can guide me on how to clear this code in INPA. I have MHD Tune N54 but that can only clear DME codes.
4. If 1&2 are not the cause, how can I test the Seat Occupancy Sensor as that's the only other likely cause of this I think?

Please help!
Anyone have a clue ?
Appreciate 0