View Single Post
      08-28-2015, 03:00 AM   #623
Frasers_330d
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d

Received new angel eye bulbs after waiting nearly a week for them. Didn't come with instructions but it did come with all the tools needed to remove the arch liners and the bulbs.

Didn't start very well when I took them out of the box. Found that the bulbs were too wide for the plastic covers!

So I had to hacksaw the ends off as they were obviously for another model of bmw... (Not impressed as it was over £40 for two of them...) It had e90L on the box ticked instead of e90. I assume these leds were for the lci and not the pre lci which I have and which was on the order....

Took about 30 mins per side to remove liners, old bulb and put new one in and put it all back together.

Its definitely made a difference from the yellow angel eyes to a bright white to match the xenons inside the rings.

However i've noticed that one of them is whiter than the other which is either down to the fact that I found that one of the headlights has been replaced recently and the other hasn't, or there is a difference in colour between the bulbs. (I may swap them over to rule this out).

Unfortunately I dont think i'd use this company again..

Colour difference between two new leds... (doesnt show up so well on camera) Left isn't as bright as the right.

Last edited by Frasers_330d; 08-28-2015 at 06:26 AM..
Appreciate 0