View Single Post
      01-19-2010, 03:36 PM   #56
AWM3
BMW Fan
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, Alpine White

Since I have a 2009 335 and it is NOT covered by any extended warranty on the HPFP, I went to the service advisor at the local BMW dealer and questioned him specifically if they have repaired any 2009 or 2010 models with HPFP failures. He claimed that they had only seen 2007 and 2008 cars with bad pumps and none of the newer cars. That is just one dealership, and I don't even know if he was being honest or not, but he would have no reason to not be honest at this point. (Unless BMW NA has sent out a message to SAs ordering them to conceal the problem on the newer cars).

If the people at BMW NA had the moral integrity to openly disclose the extent of this problem, that would at least satisfy some owners that the company is making its' best efforts. The refusal to disclose the full extent of the problem is not very reassuring, and will drive away some loyal customers. Without doubt they are tracking statistics on these pump failures. I am challenging BMW to make all the information public - failure rates year by year, patterns noted in different parts of the country or any other theory about why these failures occur, all of what is being done to correct the defect, and assurance to all N54 owners that they will be taken care of on what is obviously an engineering failure. Unfortunately, based on past behavior, that degree of disclosure and honesty is unlikely to be forthcoming from this company. They will lose customers over this.
Appreciate 0