View Single Post
      06-11-2018, 07:51 AM   #4
vktr3
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by W37V View Post
You say you have high oil consumption... do you have any leaks? These engines are prone to leaks (valve cover, ofh, oil pan). Any mods? What is your oil consumption (quart between oil change?) What’s the mileage on your car? How often do you redline it? What oil are you using (weight)? Did you ever change plugs and coils? How about o2 sensors? Any codes?
I'm assuming I have a leak somewhere. Oil consumption is roughly 1L/1k miles. I don't see any obvious leaks on pulley/exhaust sides of the valve cover. Haven't had the belly pan off yet this year but that'll happen when I do both tie rods.

Within the last 2-3 years I've had the OFH and pan gaskets replaced and haven't seen anything that looks like a leak or a seap from those areas.

Car is stock with the exception of the K&N air filter. Hardly redline it. I've been using Castrol Edge/Mobile 1/BMW 5w30 for the life of the car. The plugs were changed last summer around 200k and the coils a few months after.

All O2 sensors have well over 100k on them and I know they should be replaced but haven't gotten to it yet.

Thanks for the feedback W37V!
Appreciate 0