View Single Post
      12-20-2019, 04:19 AM   #94
6Inarowmakesitgo!
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0Chill 335i View Post
I agree with mweis. I did the same thing you're planning on doing and it was an absolute fucking nightmare. The issue isn't the rasp at all, it's the gawd damn drone. I don't remember the exact RPM for this issue, I think it was like 2300-3500, but I know it was putzing around town and highway cruising speeds where it was unbearable. I have friends with straight piped old school V8 pony cars, and this drone sounded just as bad as they did, if not worse at times. It gave me a headache after like 10 mins of driving. After a couple months I couldn't take it anymore and did the 1792 resonators out to dual mufflers and it sounded so much better. Luckily for me, it still kept the raspiness. I'm with you on liking that sound as well.

A sound clip after I had it "fixed".

Save yourself the literal headache, and get some cheap custom work done.

*Edit* Stupid YouTube link won't work on this site for me... Search "BMW E92 335i Custom Exhaust Setup" if you want to hear the clip.
Was reading through this thread and thought I should comment that, if you do want it loud without drone, make sure the exit of the exhaust is fully out from under the bumper. The sound pressure waves coming out of the exhaust hit the bumper, then go directly back into the car and it intensifies it. ALLOT. It may not work for every application, but on my older Bimmers, it 100% removed a nasty drone issue.
Appreciate 0