View Single Post
      05-24-2017, 04:49 PM   #289
OmahaDZL
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaDZL View Post
Im sure this can be done in Rheingold....but Im crap at navigating that thing....do you know how to do it there?

(I have mostly avoided EDIABAS because German...)
Actually this might do the trick...from another board....about x5 diesels

6) connect the diagnostic cable and run DIS v57. once the QUICK TEST is completed in DIS, hit the next button (green arrow on the bottom right hand side). Press FUNCTION SELECTION button on the bottom left hand side of DIS. under FUNCTIONS, select SERVICE FUNCTIONS, then select DIESEL ELECTRONICS. Now under the Diesel electronics menu, select BLEEDING, FUEL SYSTEM, then press TEST SCHEDULE button which is located at the bottom.

7) Now by the time i got to this stage i was too excited and didnt take photos or screen shots or remember exactly what the system displayed however let me try to describe it to u, and when you guys get to this stage, u will know what i mean. so please bear with me.

there will be some text that says something along the lines of " the fuel pump will be activated for at least 3 minutes to ensure system is bled of all air" something like that. When u see this press the next button (green arrow on bottom of right hand side).

now u should hear ur electric fuel pump in the fuel tank run, its a distince whirring sound, and u will hear sloshing/hissing/splashing sound as well, as the fuel is pushed into filter, up to the high pressure fuel pump and back into the tank via the return lines and back into the tank.. that is the sloshing sound ur hearing.. the diesel returning to the tank. let this run for about 3 minutes. whilst that is going on, feel around the rubber outlet hose and also the inlet/preheater assembly for any leaks. there should be none. If there is tighten the clamp and check the clip for the inlet assembly to ensure it is installed correctly. Im not sure if the software automatically stops electric pump after three minutes, however I just waited for what seemed like three minutes and press the next button in DIS, this takes us to the next step of the bleeding/priming process. DIS will tell u something along the lines of "ensure park brake on and vehicle is secured for next step". Press next, DIS will now tell u to start the engine. Press the brake pedal and hit the start engine button, ur engine should fire up straight away like normal. At this stage DIS will say something like " Ur engine RPM will be raised to set fuel rail pressure and ensure all air is bled from system" something along those lines, i dont remember the exact text word for word. Once engine is started ur rpm will automatically rise to about 2000rpm. This is DIS at work. leave ur car in this state (idleing at 2000rpm). DIS says to leave it for 10mins. after around this time i pressed the next button in DIS, the engine rpm dropped back to normal idle speed. DIS then said to switch off engine, and that was end of bleeding procedure.
Appreciate 0