View Single Post
      02-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #2142
Bash328I
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328I Monaco Blue

2009 BMW Ticking driving me crazy

SO i brought a 2009 328I with less than 17,5XX miles.The ticking started at around 18000 miles on a cold start up although was not very prominent in my garage it was turning heads at the traffic stops and in my office parking lot not the kind of attention i wanted..:-(.

The first trip to BMW showroom was lucky since they heard a faint ticking and it looked like they knew what was to be done,replaced the Lifters,I was tick free for another few weeks and it started again is my car is currently with the dealer ship and i have no idea about whats happening..this is a rant but moving on...
In one of the pages i did read some one candidly saying not to drive the car less than 75 miles..that seems to be true..i like in a very small city and the max i drive this car on a week day is Home-Gym-Home,Home-office-Home all of which is less than 10 miles and in city so i never get to go above 40mph(I know such a waste) may be once in a month i do a 500 mile trip to my friends place just to enjoy my car..nothing to do with my friend.
Also if this helps weather is a little cold occasionally dropping to lower 20's and usually in upper 30's the trouble started when the temp was in lower 20's..may be i should move to a warmer place and it will go away....Will keep the post updated..(I hope to get a new car like one of the guys..)

Last edited by Bash328I; 02-20-2012 at 01:42 PM.. Reason: first post
Appreciate 0