Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_460cs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronblack View Post
Quote:
Coding out out the NOX will enable it to run stratified... This is how my car is running ;-)

325i, 3l, 3 stage manifold, remap with nox delete running stratified with a slightly broken nox sensor!

With 325i is no brainer to remap. 330I is marginal BHP improvement maybe 10-15bhp...

To really make it work and sound better with either NOXEM or Remap/NOX code out it would be best to remove the exhaust mid section with the Nox cat as both solutions are fooling the ecu in different ways..
So which would you advise/recommend Will? I've already deleted the secondary cats with the Direnza pipe as you advised!

NOxEM and Maptech NOx delete both cost about the same! Just not sure which method to go for (reliability, efficiency etc.)

Maptech charges £70 extra for a rolling map for the 330i which although don't add much I think it may improve the throttle response!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1ppy View Post
Quote:
Coding out out the NOX will enable it to run stratified... This is how my car is running ;-)

325i, 3l, 3 stage manifold, remap with nox delete running stratified with a slightly broken nox sensor!

With 325i is no brainer to remap. 330I is marginal BHP improvement maybe 10-15bhp...

To really make it work and sound better with either NOXEM or Remap/NOX code out it would be best to remove the exhaust mid section with the Nox cat as both solutions are fooling the ecu in different ways..
Interesting, thats exactly what I want to do with my 330i (not much gain I know); code out the Nox sensor and remove secondary cats.

Where did you get yours remapped if you dont mind me asking? And did you get a before/after printout?
If it was me I'd remap it, mid range response was allot better. But it's all subjective.. I'd also make sure I had some new plugs in and check my coil packs to make sure there in good shape .. ie no arcing marks discolouration etc
Cheers for that! Has your mpg improved too? As most with NOxEM claim around 40mpg easy on steady runs?

Just trying to see if the remap makes the car as efficient as NOxEM! Specially as bimmerprof claims that NOxEM improves efficiency up-to 10% over a fully working OEM NOx system!
Appreciate 0