View Single Post
      07-25-2018, 12:18 PM   #40
AWD Addict
Chief Executive
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spd Coupe

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
I finally took the leap with the Bovee Tune2Air.

I'm in an '08 e92 with nav, 6FL, voice command and bluetooth. I run an android (nougat) device.

Both stored music on the device and streaming (pandora) function great, with surprisingly decent audio quality for BT. Steering wheel, idrive and other controls all work flawlessly. Connection is quick and automatic, and controls are instant (no delay). The first connection was a bit wacky (as with many bluetooth devices), but it's great once you've got it saved/stored.

I get no track listing on either stored music or streaming on the idrive screen. It just has a playlist directory. I might fiddle with the stored music directory and see if I can get the screen to recognize it as it does via a USB stick (which shows all the artist/song information).

One of the best surprises is that when I use voice commands on my phone (google's are far superior to the 2008 voice command function in the BMW), it's now on the speakers. Before, if I asked google to read me my texts or make a call, she'd only talk through the phone. Now it's all on the speakers, which is awesome.

Call functionality on the existing bluetooth connection remains as it was before. The computer switches to the other BT phone connection during a call, and back after hangup.

This device propelled my 11 year old baby into the current generation of connectivity. Even with the display shortcomings, this is a no-brainer upgrade.
Appreciate 0