Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [10.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieJ
mazdaspeed6 is okay...if thats what you want. if you want a boy-racer car then id spend my money on a wrx or a evo. i know mazdaspeed6 is trying to avoid that by giving it somewhat toned-down exterior/interior. and they said it was made for the more mature crowd who wants performace...blah blah blah. but they thing about the mazdaspeed6 is that it doesnt do anything particularly well. its got 270 hp- thats okay (but the torque is good at 280 because of the FI) the handeling is again, just okay. exterior is just okay. everything is just okay. nothing to writte home about. they found a nich for people who want okay cars. its NOT a race car. its NOT a luxery sedan. its kinda of a sporty sedan...but i can think of many other cars that'll be a better buy.

and for us BMW drivers. lets get one thing straight. WE DO NOT DRIVE RACE CARS. i see these thread about racing other cars and if thats what you want to do with your car, then boy, have you bought the wrong car. our 3 is quick. its not fast. our cars is not the most luxurious car you can buy either. BUT its kinda of like the mazda, except our BMW's does EVRYTHING really well. we drive cars that are damn good driver cars and pretty much are towards the top in every catergory but we do not drive cars that excels in any one. i know its cliche, but its the whole package. anyone whose even driven a bimmer can tell you that.

the truth is our cars always performed well in real world tests because that what it was designed to do. perform in the real world. but make no mistake there are a plethora of cars that is faster than our and can outhandle our cars. so if you can beat a scion or a mazda and that makes you happy then good for you. but dont be surprised when you get outrun by soccer moms in mediocre hondas and toyotas and even SUVs.

just go back to that first day when you decided to buy a BMW. thats what its all about. theres a reason why we decided to buy a bimmer. we knew what we were getting into and as for me i never looked back. ive driven fast cars, cars that handle like go karts, luxury car ... but damn it its my 3 that puts the biggest smile on my face. our cars is the epitome of what a luxury sport sedan is. i dont think any other manufactor can/will make that statement.
That's a cop out response. BMWs are drivers cars, yes, and they are SPORTY driver's cars. They are not JUST great handling cars they represent the WHOLE package. If I just want a car that handles really well I can buy a Mazda Miata or a Honda Civic.

I bought my Bimmer because it handles well AND it's sporty. Straight line perfromance isn't everything but when I throw down 45+ G's on THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE I'll be damned if I expect to get smoked by a soccer mom in a Carolla.