View Single Post
      01-30-2019, 05:30 PM   #151
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep
Drives: G07, F97, F30, E90, E46, E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadir Point View Post
Right - he was making a point about stock cars: "I dont' think running stock has anything to do with it."

It has EVERYTHING to do with it.
If you are going to quote me, please do so fully:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanb2b View Post
I dont' think running stock has anything to do with it. Tuned and deleted motors have also had same issue. Now an injector out of spec that may be over fueling...that I can get behind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadir Point View Post
You guys are so far down in the weeds with this you can't see the forest for the trees.

That a good-running car doesn't have problems is no newsflash. What cars are "they'd all" be with reference to "all stock cars?" Even just in this group? There's a long trail of interrelated issues that leads to the failures we see in the emissions systems and they certainly don't all follow the same path. But if you're lucky enough to get into a regen situation from short tripping or get a stuck injector or whatever, you get fuel dilution right along with it. The injectors are pretty good, from what I've seen and heard, but almost EVERYONE to-a-tee gets into the emissions crap, one way or another.

That's why I say it's the primary source. Just a wild-assed guess.
Same can be said for you my friend. You are so focused on debating my words that I think you could care less about the point I was trying to make. Injectors fail on deleted cars too and BMW is no stranger to having bearing issues in their engines. Yet you are asking me to back up statements with data and yet you have provided none....
Appreciate 0