View Single Post
      02-04-2014, 04:45 PM   #91
Juiced46
Major
Rep
Drives: 03 Turbo Cobra, 2011 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasillalov View Post
^^^ Valid points. I can't argue with those.

Personally, I can't live by the mantra of do what BMW says because they know better. Their recommendations and requirements are set based on multiple factors, including meeting emissions standards, warranty, etc etc.

While I agree with you that the true reasoning as to why BMW recommends these injectors to be installed in matching sets is unknown to us, I (personally) do not think it is of any significance to us in terms of reliability and proper running of the engine.

I could be totally wrong though. There is always that chance of course, but so far, I've seen no indications that's the case.

Everyone is free to do what they want with their cars and it is not my place to convince anyone otherwise.
I can agree with that as well

Being that I am in the field, I see ALOT. Alot more then what is talked about on the forums. There is tons of misinformation that get spread around these forums everyday. The injector thing, well nobody really knows why.

Next time I am @ BMWNA I will ask and see if I can get any more info. Usually though they are tight lipped when it comes to known issues and they will give as little as info as possible but just enough to know what needs to be done...
Appreciate 0