kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
3 days of Calabogie.

First day was plentyfull with 2 - 25min and 2 - 50min sessions.
On Saturday and Sunday, we had 4 sessions of 25min each day.

Trouble is, on Sunday, the A - students had a 4 hour break for lunch. Plenty of cars on track at that time since there was a Club Race going on.

It gave me the opportunity to quit early and skip the last 2 sessions.... go play cards and drink cocktails by the pool at my aunt's place.

The weather was great, hot but not too humid. Lots of horsepower. With all those Corvettes and Porsches. I held my own in my group... as it is now become the norm, I am quicker than most on the first day, and then the others get better and it becomes more fun with a lot of cars lapping in the same times... I should have a video up soon with all the traffic.

New brakes held up good (DTC60). Changing brake pads is a cinch for me now.

Met a fellow tracker with an M Coupe with a half cage and racing seats. Tried the seat and apart from my shoulders not being comfortable (too tight), it was good. He gave me a few tips on installation and location of Airbag module.

The cage does not create any ugly cuts or holes that could ruin the appearence of the interior.
What is the benefit of having race seats and roll cage, without stripping the car? I think weight wise you may not be further ahead, but it will fix your moving around in the cabin problem