E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > 2011 328i USB Port iPod Power Off

05-23-2024, 06:20 PM   #1
CMatre15
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

2011 328i USB Port iPod Power Off

Hey all, I recently went away from a cig lighter FM transmitter to listen to my music in the car (I carried it over from my old car). I've started playing music from iPhone thru the USB Port in the center console and have had one key issue. Occasionally when I start it up and plug my phone in I can listen to music no issues, but other times I drive for 10sec and the whole radio system pops and shuts off, forcing me to turn it back in by clicking the volume knob.

Has anyone else had this issue/ know what the problem is? The only thing I have come to notice when it pops is the song title does not appear on the radio screen. This problem comes and goes in a single playlist, some names appear no issues, some show no name and pop, which ive just learned to change the song until I see a name just to avoid said pop and shut off.

any information would be great.

thank you
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2024, 12:56 AM   #2
sam9116
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: ​

judging from the model year of your car, bad combox?
could also be unstable voltage => bad battery/alternator
Appreciate 0