E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Should I do it??

05-28-2024, 08:12 AM   #23
Peachey
Rep
Drives: 2010 335xi (n54)

Does this mean i should spend the extra 200 and get high flow catted? Or just keep the stock downpipes. I live in central PA, by the way, and am unfamiliar with the laws
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2024, 08:22 AM   #24
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F25 E91 Audi Avnt E90 Cayenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachey View Post
Does this mean i should spend the extra 200 and get high flow catted? Or just keep the stock downpipes. I live in central PA, by the way, and am unfamiliar with the laws
check with local resident.

Some states are less restrictive on modded cars than others.

for me , this is a risk I dont like to take, I always ran cats on all my exhaust.

in fact I did not run any cat on my t-rex, but cops or even inspector don't know what factory is, so no issue
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2024, 12:03 PM   #25
Podunk
Private
Rep
Drives: 335I E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachey View Post
only way you get in trouble is if A your "friends" tell on you to the EPA, or B your state/municipality has emissions standards testing with annual or bi annual vehicle inspections.

For instance, IA has no vehicle inspections or emissions testing, MO has an annual or bi annual vehicle inspection requirement, but only St Louis requires emissions testing with that inspection.

California has annual emissions testing/inspection, and so does several areas in Texas, like Dallas, Houston, Ft Worth, and San Antonio.

i think Georgia may also have emissions testing in Atlanta. if you owned a car prior, or your parents owned a car, you should know if the state has emissions tests, or inspections.
Appreciate 0