E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > ST Build advice

10-30-2023, 02:13 PM   #1
Randomizer2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW!

ST Build advice

Hello all, planning on a single turbo and my power goal is 650whp. I was originally planning on a 6466 with meth and 94 since I don’t have e85. Ken from wedge recommended a G30 770 instead of the 6466, he also recommended dual 750cc nozzles spraying 100% meth in the CP for supplemental fueling. He didn’t mention anything about supporting fuel port injection, I’m assuming because the meth will be used as supplemental fueling. He recommended the AEM V3 kit. Anyone have experience with this kit? Anyways, what are your guys’ thoughts on the G30 770? Good for 650whp? I noticed it’s quite a bit smaller than the 6466 hence I’m a bit skeptical. Though I’m willing to trust his judgement. Also what about fueling? What kind of fuel pumps am I looking at? Dual 450s?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2023, 04:18 PM   #2
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F25 E91 Audi Avnt E90 Cayenne

I'm in the same dilemma.

I can update you on my research tho.

Standalone meth injection is less reliable than port injection with proper communication with DME.

There's way to have fail mode with AEM, but you need to dig a bit. Easiest way is to adapt it with JB4, so if the meth kit fails, the boost targets will follow.

dual 750cc nozzle will get your tank dry fast AF !

I have on my summer car a 250cc on a 5L tank and I dont feel like I WOT a lot (city traffic 99% of the time), and I need to fill it every 4000km. Depends on your driving.

In the past I went meth kit on my summer tuned for 93, because only few gas station had 91 ethanol-free fuel, now they all have +/- 10% ethanol.
94 octane always had ethanol, and here, petro-can, were known to have questionable octane rating. They were on CBC news , because few JDM cars no knocksensors had issues, to find out the real value was around 90 octane...

My approach for now is to match a base MHD backendflash file with JB4 to log and set my max goals with a single 6262 and a dummy water/meth 50/50 from Bosphorus innovation 600cc. single nozzle, pre-throttle body.

For the fuel pump from my reading is the 450 walbro, but I'm looking for the biggest pump on the OEM controller without additional cooling on the controller. Dual fuel pumps are more inline for E85, since you need more volume than regular fuel. Once again, I would start loggin to see what you need.

Since the info is all over the place. Some says that they can't go over 500whp with OEM fueling, and some ''pretend'' to reach near 700whp with everything oem...

** btw are you the guy with the white 135 ?

Last edited by oVeRdOsE.; 10-30-2023 at 04:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2023, 04:36 PM   #3
Randomizer2
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oVeRdOsE. View Post
I'm in the same dilemma.

I can update you on my research tho.

Standalone meth injection is less reliable than port injection with proper communication with DME.

There's way to have fail mode with AEM, but you need to dig a bit. Easiest way is to adapt it with JB4, so if the meth kit fails, the boost targets will follow.

dual 750cc nozzle will get your tank dry fast AF !

I have on my summer car a 250cc on a 5L tank and I dont feel like I WOT a lot (city traffic 99% of the time), and I need to fill it every 4000km. Depends on your driving.

In the past I went meth kit on my summer tuned for 93, because only few gas station had 91 ethanol-free fuel, now they all have +/- 10% ethanol.
94 octane always had ethanol, and here, petro-can, were known to have questionable octane rating. They were on CBC news , because few JDM cars no knocksensors had issues, to find out the real value was around 90 octane...

My approach for now is to match a base MHD backendflash file with JB4 to log and set my max goals with a single 6262 and a dummy water/meth 50/50 from Bosphorus innovation 600cc. single nozzle, pre-throttle body.

For the fuel pump from my reading is the 450 walbro, but I'm looking for the biggest pump on the OEM controller without additional cooling on the controller. Dual fuel pumps are more inline for E85, since you need more volume than regular fuel. Once again, I would start loggin to see what you need.

Since the info is all over the place. Some says that they can't go over 500whp with OEM fueling, and some ''pretend'' to reach near 700whp with everything oem...

** btw are you the guy with the white 135 ?

So I wasn’t going to run the JB4, I’ve heard had things about it. I was just going to run MHD… Ken did say either dual 500cc or 750cc, maybe I’ll end up going with dual 500cc and a 1 Gal tank. I’m not too worried with filling it up, meth is around $10 a gallon and filling it up once a month isn’t really an issue I find, just added gas cost the way I see it. With the turbo choice though he did recommend a G30 770, I found this kind of odd as it’s only 58mm rather than the 64mm on the 6466 what are your thoughts? I did mention I wanted 650whp to him. Should I go with the AEM meth kit? He went on about how Direct port meth is unreliable because of atomization or whatever and he personally had to make several revisions and it still wasn’t working correctly, anyways point is he recommended dual cp injection and I really don’t know what to do as I’m hearing different things from everyone. Fuel pumps I’ll stick to one 450 then.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 07:37 AM   #4
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F25 E91 Audi Avnt E90 Cayenne

I also read that I should go MHD only, and the rant on JB4 is hard these days.

Only few people stating they dont have issues. I personally didn't had issues, but I was FBO, now going ST.

I dont get what map to flash as a base and how to ''street'' tune it, I only worked with jb4 so far.

Keep posting, Ill read your update.
Info is everywhere, but I found the best comments were to log and update after. do not go too agressive at first, then increase boost slowly with logs.

I think my plan for now :
- stock LPFP
- Bosphorus Inovation stage 1+ 600cc , with boost solenoid ( to keep the 6th cylinder alive), 50/50 mix. Ill use the windshield washer tank .
- conservative tune to street log the setup.
- goal will be 550 bhp

Last edited by oVeRdOsE.; 10-31-2023 at 08:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 06:07 PM   #5
Randomizer2
Private First Class
Rep

Anyone want to chime in?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2023, 01:13 PM   #6
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomizer2 View Post
Anyone want to chime in?
LS swap it and thank me later

There are better meth kits like an aquamist which has more failsafes if you are worried about stuff like that, but you pay for better systems with more failsafes etc. 750cc/min x2 should be fine. I was running around 1400cc/min after accounting for boost. To find out how much you are really injecting you need to account for boost pressure and look up the cc/min vs. pump head pressure chart for your nozzles. This is optional for you. You want more not less meth, trust me, if ken said 2 750s don't go smaller. I would get a minimum of a 2 gallon meth tank or you will be refilling it more than you want and you want it baffled so you don't starve the pump:

Ken knows his shit. If he says that is all you need to make 650whp, not 650 crank hp, than take his word...I would just ask for a guarantee of 650whp at redline with that turbo on a healthy n54 engine. Seems a little on the small side to me but I am not expert.

DO NOT use the windshield washer tank. Just do it correctly with a baffled tank in the trunk for fucks sake. It costs almost nothing more do it it correctly and safely. Skipping $300 on a quality tank tank vs. burning down a 10k car...Also, get the right fire extinguisher in your car that works on meth fires etc. incase something gets fucky.

A single 450/535 should be fine, you will make the rest up with meth. Chris@motiv made over 700whp with pump 93 and DP meth years and years ago on his 6466. It was well documented back in the day by him, MR3000GT

Make sure your meth only injects after like 12 or 14psi so you only use it when you actually need it. Otherwise you just piss away meth daily driving and it does absolutely nothing for you.

I don't see the need for JB4 with what MHD can do now. Terry and his crew are great, very supportive on their forums, don't get me wrong. If you have JB4 feel free to run it. But if not I don't think it adds much if anything now a days against flash only MHD.

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716536 <-- WW meth fires have been an issue on this platform since day one. I can not stress enough how stupid of a place to store your meth. Unless you are Doug Harper of FrankenTurbo than please use the WW tank.

Last edited by Torgus; 11-05-2023 at 01:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2023, 08:25 AM   #7
Randomizer2
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
LS swap it and thank me later

There are better meth kits like an aquamist which has more failsafes if you are worried about stuff like that, but you pay for better systems with more failsafes etc. 750cc/min x2 should be fine. I was running around 1400cc/min after accounting for boost. To find out how much you are really injecting you need to account for boost pressure and look up the cc/min vs. pump head pressure chart for your nozzles. This is optional for you. You want more not less meth, trust me, if ken said 2 750s don't go smaller. I would get a minimum of a 2 gallon meth tank or you will be refilling it more than you want and you want it baffled so you don't starve the pump:

Ken knows his shit. If he says that is all you need to make 650whp, not 650 crank hp, than take his word...I would just ask for a guarantee of 650whp at redline with that turbo on a healthy n54 engine. Seems a little on the small side to me but I am not expert.

DO NOT use the windshield washer tank. Just do it correctly with a baffled tank in the trunk for fucks sake. It costs almost nothing more do it it correctly and safely. Skipping $300 on a quality tank tank vs. burning down a 10k car...Also, get the right fire extinguisher in your car that works on meth fires etc. incase something gets fucky.

A single 450/535 should be fine, you will make the rest up with meth. Chris@motiv made over 700whp with pump 93 and DP meth years and years ago on his 6466. It was well documented back in the day by him, MR3000GT

Make sure your [...]
Appreciate it, Ken said to forego DP meth and just go straight CP. I’m assuming b/c DP meth is hard to setup. Definitely want a 2 gallon tank, the AEM kit only has a 1 gallon. Could you give me some recommendations for meth kits that have stainless steel braided lines, a 2 gal tank, dual nozzles and proper fail safes? Willing to pay for this, would rather pay a lot and not deal with headache or failure. Lots of the kits I’m looking at online only have one nozzle, not sure how to go about adding a second, is it just a simple cut, t, add the second nozzle? I guess it depends on the kit.

Still not sure on the turbo, part of me wants to trust Ken with the turbo but part of me says fuck it and wants to put a big 6466 on it. We’ll see.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2023, 02:53 PM   #8
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Appreciate it, Ken said to forego DP meth and just go straight CP. I’m assuming b/c DP meth is hard to setup. Definitely want a 2 gallon tank, the AEM kit only has a 1 gallon. Could you give me some recommendations for meth kits that have stainless steel braided lines, a 2 gal tank, dual nozzles and proper fail safes? Willing to pay for this, would rather pay a lot and not deal with headache or failure. Lots of the kits I’m looking at online only have one nozzle, not sure how to go about adding a second, is it just a simple cut, t, add the second nozzle? I guess it depends on the kit.

Still not sure on the turbo, part of me wants to trust Ken with the turbo but part of me says fuck it and wants to put a big 6466 on it. We’ll see.
I mean....I like my 6466.

For a higher end meth system aquamist fits the bill and comes with a gauge. AEM and Snow are fine: https://aquamist-direct.com/806-065-...ate-4-5-weeks/ You can swap in a braided meth line to any system.

You can use any tank you want, ideally, again you want it baffled like the example I posted above. You don't want your meth to stop flowing because you are driving aggressively and pop a piston. I would go with 2 gallons. Too bad the Howerton Engineering system is no longer around, that is what I run: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=874263

With DP meth you want to use nozzle with check valves and they cost like $45 bucks each: https://aquamist-direct.com/8_6-501a...ons-2-4-weeks/

6 one for each runner and throw a 7th in your CP: https://aquamist-direct.com/806-404-6-way-hex-manifold/

You use a Tee: https://aquamist-direct.com/4mm-to-t...ssion-fitting/
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2023, 02:57 PM   #9
Randomizer2
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I mean....I like my 6466.

For a higher end meth system aquamist fits the bill and comes with a gauge. AEM and Snow are fine: https://aquamist-direct.com/806-065-...ate-4-5-weeks/ You can swap in a braided meth line to any system.

You can use any tank you want, ideally, again you want it baffled like the example I posted above. You don't want your meth to stop flowing because you are driving aggressively and pop a piston. I would go with 2 gallons. Too bad the Howerton Engineering system is no longer around, that is what I run: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=874263

With DP meth you want to use nozzle with check valves and they cost like $45 bucks each: https://aquamist-direct.com/8_6-501a...ons-2-4-weeks/

6 one for each runner and throw a 7th in your CP: https://aquamist-direct.com/806-404-6-way-hex-manifold/

You use a Tee: https://aquamist-direct.com/4mm-to-t...ssion-fitting/

Think im gonna go for this: https://www.snowperformance.eu/en/wa...ne-sno-210-brd

Along with this: https://www.snowperformance.eu/en/wa...pgrade-proline

Should allow me to spray 1500c total of meth into the CP as recommended by Ken. He did mention the AEM kit, but to me it seems kind of rudimentary.
Believe the Snowperformance kit comes with a 2.5 gal tank, shouldnt be too bad. I calculated it and i'll have around 5-6 mins of full spray time. Don't most WOT pulls are a couple seconds so this should be good enough. I don't mind filling every couple weeks. These kits also come with braided lines so install should be easier. Your thoughts?
Appreciate 1
Torgus3791.00
      11-07-2023, 03:37 PM   #10
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Think im gonna go for this: https://www.snowperformance.eu/en/wa...ne-sno-210-brd

Along with this: https://www.snowperformance.eu/en/wa...pgrade-proline

Should allow me to spray 1500c total of meth into the CP as recommended by Ken. He did mention the AEM kit, but to me it seems kind of rudimentary.
Believe the Snowperformance kit comes with a 2.5 gal tank, shouldnt be too bad. I calculated it and i'll have around 5-6 mins of full spray time. Don't most WOT pulls are a couple seconds so this should be good enough. I don't mind filling every couple weeks. These kits also come with braided lines so install should be easier. Your thoughts?
Looks like a nice kit to me.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2023, 04:00 PM   #11
Randomizer2
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Looks like a nice kit to me.
Appreciate it 👍👍
Appreciate 1