E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > NC Dealership doesn't seem to know about SULEV warranty.

07-12-2022, 02:26 PM   #1
Macman1725
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 Sedan

NC Dealership doesn't seem to know about SULEV warranty.

I have a 2011 328i Xdrive with the n51. I brought it in because I'm pretty sure there is an issue with the crank case vent valve. So, after completely ignoring that concern they decide that my VANOS solenoids are "probably bad" and maybe the controller. I asked that they look at the SULEV warranty coverage for the VANOS issue.

At first they played like they didn't even know about the warranty. Then they said it didn't apply to my vehicle. After I provided them with all the info showing that it is indeed covered, they are now saying that the solenoids them selves are not covered. Is this correct? Anyone have any solid data on what is covered? They also say the radiator coolant temperature sensor is bad and needs to be replaced. Would this also fall under the radiator portion of the SULEV warranty or no?

Thanks for any help you guys can give. (And yes I know NC cars aren't technically covered under SULEV but it's still registered in NY.)
Appreciate 0