E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Help help 2a92 and 2a90 error after cylinder head swap

11-05-2023, 05:53 PM   #1
u170who
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 330I

Help help 2a92 and 2a90 error after cylinder head swap

2006 330i here. I recently replaced my cylinder head. There was nothing wrong with the original except that i stripped out many screws holes on the intake cam bearing ledge and couldn’t get the screws to stay in. I bought a cylinder head from a 2006 525i, cleaned up the gasket area really good and installed everything really carefully and torqued to spec. Everything on the valve cover is new from fcp euro except these sensors. The car cranks but won’t turn over and the only code is 2a92 and 2a90. I used a timing kit to install the cams with the bar codes up and lined up the cam plate with the holes inserted into the guide. The only thing i didn’t pay attention to was the gear position. Also, when i locked the engine, i set it to top but i also couldn’t get any of the pins in. I suspected the kit i bought might have been missing the right lock, so i found an allen key that would fit and locked it with that. I also tested both sensors by cutting into the yellow wire and using a volt meter and steel object to see if it worked. They both dropped voltage from 5v to .15 or so. Is this the part the problem or is the timing the problem?
Appreciate 0