E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E92 window tints question

05-24-2017, 10:29 AM   #1
Doofus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92

E92 window tints question

Could anyone tell me if tints all round the car (the darkest legally possible for each window) would dramatically reduce the amount of sunlight pouring into the car and highlighting every little speck of dust, scratches on the cluster, glaring the Nav screen, etc?

I am sick of the low morning and evening sun making my interior look crap, especially when it hits my cluster and the nav screen.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 10:43 AM   #2
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

You technically can't put anything on the front windows as it would be illegal. However I know 50% tint not he front side windows is just about ok to not look too dark and attract attention.

Then just go whatever you want on the back.

Whether it achieves what you are after without being able to go darker on the fronts is debateable.
      05-24-2017, 11:42 AM   #3
half Colin
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330D M Sport

Not strictly true the regulations state:

"The front windscreen must let at least 75% of light through and the front side windows must let at least 70% of light through."

BUT that includes whatever tint the manufacturer has already put on the windows which is probably about 70% anyway.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 11:56 AM   #4
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by half Colin View Post
Not strictly true the regulations state:

"The front windscreen must let at least 75% of light through and the front side windows must let at least 70% of light through."

BUT that includes whatever tint the manufacturer has already put on the windows which is probably about 70% anyway.
Yes I know the regulations and hence stated technically because soon as you add an aftermarket tint to the factory glass (which as far back as I can remember) has always had a slight tint, it becomes illegal lol.