E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2010 328i/ 6 year power drain

Today, 12:37 PM   #1
Goddosureiya
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328I X-Drive Coupe

Question 2010 328i/ 6 year power drain

The Problem:
Hello everyone, I need to rely on the community for some help.

I have a 2010 BMW 328I X-Drive Coupe that has a power drain that I cannot locate and cannot see as i suspect it to be intermittent. I've had this drain since i bought the car about 6 years ago at 60k mi. I don't take it to the dealer or any shop because I'm afraid that I'll rack up a huge bill for them looking for the drain. The biggest symptom is that if i start with a fully charged battery, start the car and drive it, then park it and shut it down where it sits for 1 - 4 days in the driveway, anytime i come back to start it up, it clicks and the IPC flickers like it's trying to start but immediately fails. Lights go dim and so on, i check the battery and its at about 9-8v. If i use a jump pack it immediately starts. Obviously a draw. Now before we jump to all the "have you tried this", let me explain everything I've done.

• New battery x6
  • new starter
  • checked alternator 2 times for charging and the diodes by using the a multi-meter.
  • programmed and registered battery every time
  • replaced FRM module and had it programmed by BMW
  • monitored for a draw 100 times using an in-line multimeter between the ground cable and the battery terminal
  • tested and pulled all fuses
  • radio plugged in and not makes no difference
  • installed a kill switch now that i cant fix it and sometimes it still dies....... yes its hooked up correctly
  • scanned for codes and only have codes for ABS LF brake pad sensor and for wear in the transfer case.
  • Removed all lights for doors being open, locked all doors, removed glove box and trunk light, manually latched all latches doors, trunk, hood.

I'm at my wits end. When monitoring the draw i only get about 0.01A, light on start button and shifter stays on for 30 mins unsure if that's normal. removed Bluetooth module in the trunk, no difference, unplugged the CAS module under the steering wheel, no change................. Fuses in multimeter are good, battery is good. I do not have a BMS, i do not have an amp or comfort access or alarm. i do not have navigation. Please, any help would be extremely appreciated. Thank you.
Appreciate 0