E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > HPFP warrenty @ dealership question

08-20-2017, 03:03 PM   #1
KK4MEI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW X3

HPFP warrenty @ dealership question

If I take my car to the dealership for a failing HPFP still under warranty do I have to pay a diagnostic fee
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2017, 03:48 PM   #2
08TUNDRA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335i

If they diagnose it as the HPFP first and it's under warranty then no, but if they diagnose anything else for example in my case they said it was my low pressure sensor and they would do it for "only" $570 then I paid the diagnostic and picked up my car changed the sensor which I bought from them for 90 bucks and only took 30 min, the problem was still there dropped it back off and they said it was the HPFP got it changed for free that time.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2017, 07:40 AM   #3
MMMGP
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 335is

Garage List
Tell your SA that the car would crank for a few seconds before firing up.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 04:25 PM   #4
jon-vt
The One
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmikhael619 View Post
If they diagnose it as the HPFP first and it's under warranty then no, but if they diagnose anything else for example in my case they said it was my low pressure sensor and they would do it for "only" $570 then I paid the diagnostic and picked up my car changed the sensor which I bought from them for 90 bucks and only took 30 min, the problem was still there dropped it back off and they said it was the HPFP got it changed for free that time.
This just happened to me. All the signs of HPFP failure. They said it was the low pressure sensor and wanted $1000 to fix it. I said no thanks, bought the sensor, replaced it in about an hour. Same problem. Went back and they replaced the pump. They are refusing to refund the diagnostic fee because they're saying the pump was a "secondary" issue.. Seems to me they are trying to squeeze customers for $1000 to fix an issue that is covered under warranty. Maybe BMW NA would have something to say about this?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 09:49 PM   #5
08TUNDRA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon-vt View Post
This just happened to me. All the signs of HPFP failure. They said it was the low pressure sensor and wanted $1000 to fix it. I said no thanks, bought the sensor, replaced it in about an hour. Same problem. Went back and they replaced the pump. They are refusing to refund the diagnostic fee because they're saying the pump was a "secondary" issue.. Seems to me they are trying to squeeze customers for $1000 to fix an issue that is covered under warranty. Maybe BMW NA would have something to say about this?
Lol it's like you're describing what they told me... I never tried to take it any further than that for 2 reasons, I just didn't have time to argue over 99$ , as well as if I read the codes before I went in originally I would have seen that most people were changing the low pressure sensor on the forums from the plausibility code and the next step was a fuel pump if it continues in our cases it did. It's bs in my opinion but it is what it is. I think BMW NA will just side with the dealer on this case.
      09-06-2017, 09:59 PM   #6
Banana Clipper
Jewel Runner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01///G20///I20

You have to remember the dealership has to justify to BMWNA WHY they replaced your HPFP. If ISTA tells them the repair plan for your car is to replace a fuse, or lpfp senor or w/e BEFORE they feel confident that they can get paid by BMWNA they are going to refuse to do the HPFP warranty. I'm like 99% sure they have to send the ISTA log along with the claim so if it says your EKP went out but they replaced the HPFP BMWNA is not going to pay them. Its not that the dealership always wants to be a bag of dicks. They are a company, they need to make money, they will GLADLY do your HPFP as long as theyre sure they're going to get paid.

www.BHANANA.com
2009 335i - SOLD
2021 M340i - GONE
2024 iX - Yea, she fast
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2017, 11:10 PM   #7
08TUNDRA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Clipper View Post
You have to remember the dealership has to justify to BMWNA WHY they replaced your HPFP. If ISTA tells them the repair plan for your car is to replace a fuse, or lpfp senor or w/e BEFORE they feel confident that they can get paid by BMWNA they are going to refuse to do the HPFP warranty. I'm like 99% sure they have to send the ISTA log along with the claim so if it says your EKP went out but they replaced the HPFP BMWNA is not going to pay them. Its not that the dealership always wants to be a bag of dicks. They are a company, they need to make money, they will GLADLY do your HPFP as long as theyre sure they're going to get paid.
Couldn't have said it better myself .
Appreciate 0