E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > E92 PIAA daylight shots!

04-17-2008, 08:21 PM   #67
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

uhhhh.... what do you want from zoeb?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 08:23 PM   #68
Zoeb@WheelDude.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 (e92), X5 (E70), 428i (F32)

Garage List
1995 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
I just got back from vacation

Anyways, we got a small batch of these, I put them on my car, then posted them for sale

After posting them for sale, I had so much interest in them, that I had to even sell the set on my car.

I got a batch of 20 units in as the second batch, they were all pre sold

I haven't had a chance to take pictures because I have been on vacation since the day these came in.

I posted the pictures I had for sale and people wanted to buy them so I imported more....I didn't put a gun to anyones head and tell them they had to buy it...in fact, they sold themselves....all I did was post up the thread for sale and I had dozens of people PMing me asking me how to get them.

If you were selling a product and someone wanted it, wouldn't you do the same?

Anyways, I just got home so i'll be checking this off and on, so if you have questions, feel free to post and i'll answer to the best of my ability

FYI, I did not rip anyone off on these, anyone who deals with importing from other countries knows that it is very expensive to import stuff..especially after shipping & customs and stuff like that. Trust me, we did not get rich of these.

-Zoeb
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 08:28 PM   #69
T i h o r
n00b
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico335 View Post
uhhhh.... what do you want from zoeb?
Answers. Plain and simple.

The fact that he saw this thread, and said nothing, is pretty interesting. I mean if people are posting shyt up on a product that you are selling and are not happy, wouldn't you try to rectify the situation, or at least see if you can help in some way?

At least that's what I think a normal vendor would do. However, if I was selling some BS product and knew it was BS and people started to figure it out, I'd lay low n try to stay off the map like I didn't know anything was going on.

Maybe he clicked this thread and his net cut out, who knows. But if that were the case, I'm sure he would've came right back on and commented.

It's just madd sketch, and I want some kind of feedback from him. If you're wondering why I care so much, it's 'cause I, like the OP, got burned hard.

And staright up, it's not about the money, it's the fucken principle.
      04-17-2008, 08:41 PM   #70
Zoeb@WheelDude.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 (e92), X5 (E70), 428i (F32)

Garage List
1995 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by T i h o r View Post

The fact that he saw this thread, and said nothing, is pretty interesting. I mean if people are posting shyt up on a product that you are selling and are not happy, wouldn't you try to rectify the situation, or at least see if you can help in some way?

At least that's what I think a normal vendor would do. However, if I was selling some BS product and knew it was BS and people started to figure it out, I'd lay low n try to stay off the map like I didn't know anything was going on.

Maybe he clicked this thread and his net cut out, who knows. But if that were the case, I'm sure he would've came right back on and commented.

It's just madd sketch, and I want some kind of feedback from him. If you're wondering why I care so much, it's 'cause I, like the OP, got burned hard.

You are kidding right?

Do you know how long we have been around? Do you really think that I would just read a thread and then cut out? I was driving and looking @ it on my cell phone because my assistant told me about it. Sorry dude, i'm not gonna sit there and try to type out a half ass response on my cell phone WHILE DRIVING

Do you not remember this PM conversation between us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoeb@WheelDude.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by T i h o r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoeb@WheelDude.com

Hey Zoeb,

I got the payment request on paypal, and just had one last question. I'm sorry because I know you already answered this, but I'm having difficulty fully understanding. lol

Ok so since you're asking for payment, that means that you have them in stock now right? And if so, does that mean that when I pay today, you will be shipping them out within the next few business days. And if that is so, then I would like it shipped to the US because I'm meeting my cousin on the 17th of April and he can bring the bulbs with him.

If you aren't going to ship it yet, then I'll wait to pay until you will because if I'm going to be meeting those relatives within a weeks time of paying, I can always get it shipped to the US for free and get it off of them.

If I won't be seeing them, then I will get it shipped to Canada instead and pay the extra $35.

Basically let me know when you would be shipping mine out if I send payment to you today. Based on that I'll see if I want to get it shipped to the US or Canada.

Thanks again for everything Zoeb!

- Rohit
hey Rohit,

Yes, they have come in

If you want them shipped out to the US, I just need you to call in the shop @ 510.651.2956

I am actually on vacation right now so I dont have access to changing the invoices, but if you call in and talk to Dan, he will get you all settled

any questions feel free to PM me or call me on my work cell at anytime at 510.304.7554

Thanks
-Zoeb
Hey Zoeb,

Just wanted to let you know that I gave Dan a call and he took care of everything. Item is being shipped (hopefully) as I write this. lol

I also wanted to ask you a quick question. What kind of coilover's do you guys sell? I've been looking around some of the vendors sites and I didn't even think about check you guys out. I went to your website but didn't see anything listed.

Let me know if you carry anything for an e92.

Thanks again Zoeb!

- Rohit

So not only did I respond to you while I was on vacation, I also gave you a cell phone # to contact me on in case you had issues. Obviously you have an issue...why not just call my cell phone or the shop line to discuss it instead of assuming things.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 09:05 PM   #71
greentea335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i w/ SSTT

glad i got THUNDER!!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 09:11 PM   #72
mds82
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Garage List
Damn... I knew this was this was going to be the case however - LED's currently can not compare to overall output of a Halogen bulb. efficiency is much higher, but total output per space is not there
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 09:15 PM   #73
kaji335i
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by T i h o r View Post

I'm still confused to why you are upset with Zoeb. He brought in a product that many people wanted and was unattainable in the U.S. Not once did I see a post saying "these are better than stock or other brands", he saw a niche in the market for a product that he could get and people wanted so he went ahead and brought them in.

The problem is most just assumed that they would be good since they are PIAA. But they aren't and they are expensive, so I guess the only person to blame is yourself for not doing your own research before spending money on a product you really knew nothing about.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 09:20 PM   #74
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

wow saved me $300 as well . for those with e92 can we all finally agree the only solution for us is mds and lux
      04-17-2008, 09:32 PM   #75
MyE92
El Presidente
United_States
Rep
Drives: your mom wild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
I am disappointed by the PIAAs, i thought they would be more visible during the day. My GP Thunders look almost as good as the PIAAs at night and you can still see them a bit daytime.
Dave, did you go with 7500k GP Thunders?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 09:36 PM   #76
al4m
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 328i - sgm

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
How were people misled? When you order something, you make a conscious decision whether to buy it or not. Did the vendor ever say "THIS IS GARUNTEED TO FIX THE ANGEL EYE PROBLEM", nope. Did they put a gun to your head force you to buy it? Nope.

If you cant do your own research and make your own decisions on what to buy and what not to buy, then i feel sorry for you. Dont blame the vendors and say shame on them, shame on yourself for not doing the research and knowing what you are buying.
+10000!!! well said lawrence
buyers have to research a product before they purchase. I understand that pictures can be misleading and that buyers want to be certain that what they're looking at is what they will receive. The truth is, though, that one can never be certain about a product bought online. We can only trust the vendor that is selling it and that his product is what he says it is. And with that said: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuzpeed View Post
You guys are so naive. Vendors are business people they are here to make a buck not make friends. I'm pretty sure they were well aware that this would be a disappointment but decided hell might as well get a few sets sold while we are at it. But whatever I just feel bad for those who put out all that money based on the assumption that this would fix the angel eye problem. Shame on PIAA and vendors for selling inferior products at outrageous prices.
Look i've dealt with Zoeb numerous times. He's a great guy who's not out to make a buck. In fact, I bought my PIAA's for my e90 from him and I could not be happier. Zoeb and Wheeldude are a GREAT company to deal with. Zoeb has helped almost all of the NorCal members out with their cars and their mods without any thoughts about "making a buck". Everybody in NorCal goes to him for advice. Zoeb is great friends with TONS of NorCal e90 members. He is not just trying to "make a buck" but he's actively involved in our community and wants to help those who have the same passion as he does. He is a genuine guy who loves to help out his fellow members and community. I am absolutely thankful that I have met him. He's full of insight, wisdom, and advice that can only come from years of superb customer service where the customer truly is the number one priority. I would gladly go to him for any more mods or advice about mods.
      04-17-2008, 09:37 PM   #77
MyE92
El Presidente
United_States
Rep
Drives: your mom wild.

Quote:
No. Get the 7500k bulbs. Its noticeably brighter and everytime we have a cruise or a meet, people always ask me what angel eyes i have because mine is substantially brighter during the day then those with 8500k.

I only have one photo of my angel eyes on during the day but i can take more if you guys want
more pics please!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 09:58 PM   #78
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyE92 View Post
Dave, did you go with 7500k GP Thunders?
Ryan, I remember you and Alex (nj323ci) was just talking about these at the meet. Now, you guys won't need to chip in to get them. lol!

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 03:01 AM   #79
absix
Mu mu muh muli, maikouuu!
Rep
Drives: F10 M5; F25 2.0d;

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.l.e.x. View Post
+10000!!! well said lawrence
buyers have to research a product before they purchase. I understand that pictures can be misleading and that buyers want to be certain that what they're looking at is what they will receive. The truth is, though, that one can never be certain about a product bought online. We can only trust the vendor that is selling it and that his product is what he says it is. And with that said: ...
You and lawrence would think differently if you have spent $300 on this. I am pretty sure of that. It's easy to blame it on the "morons" who took the chance, so YOU will be sure, they are not worth it.

Oh and what kind of research you could do when I was the FIRST to post daylight shots?

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 03:24 AM   #80
big pimp
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 M50d & Dakar Yellow E46 M3

all that was being asked from any of the vendors was some daytime pics, which no-one done - it took one honest member to up daytime pics to show the rest of us that they're not worth buying.

a vendor who has taken 20 odd sets at a fair cost will obviously need to get their outlay back, and if they showed daytime pics, people would see they dont do what they're supposed to, and wont sell, and the vendor will be out $$$

pretty simple really to see what the problem is...
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 03:28 AM   #81
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by absix View Post
You and lawrence would think differently if you have spent $300 on this. I am pretty sure of that. It's easy to blame it on the "morons" who took the chance, so YOU will be sure, they are not worth it.

Oh and what kind of research you could do when I was the FIRST to post daylight shots?

Actually i wouldnt because i was smart enough to do my research and know that this solution would not be much better then halogens. Just like MDS82 said, the LEDS output cannot compare to a standard halogen bulb. Hence why i waited before jumping on the bandwagon and ordering without seeing real life photos

Im not calling any of you guys morons for ordering this. Im calling you all morons because you bought a product and just because it is not to your liking, your trying to take it out on the vendor.

Like i previously stated, Zoeb did not make promises when he was selling these saying he garuntees it will be bright during the day. He even admited he cannot take photos during the day as the item was so hot he sold the pair off his own car. It was up to you if you wanted to try it out or not. And because some of you guys ASSUMED it would be better then the H8 Halogen bulbs, you ordered it trying to get it first. This is the downside of being early adopters.

Oh and how can you do research when you are the first to post daylight pics? Howhow about reading when MDS made his own LED version similar of this and how he found the light output is not close enough to the halogen output so he decided not to produce it. Or how about looking at Cyba's thread where he got Bellofs, which are essentially the same as PIAA's, and seeing that they are not much better then halogen H8's. Or how about just wait till you see photos before you purchase. A $300 purchase is no small amount and i would be smart enough to wait till i get more details/photos before i put down money to buy it.
      04-18-2008, 03:32 AM   #82
Blistex
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 + E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by mds82 View Post
Damn... I knew this was this was going to be the case however - LED's currently can not compare to overall output of a Halogen bulb. efficiency is much higher, but total output per space is not there

MDS82 got it right

Halogen bulbs are more brighter during daytime; because they have the yellowish color. It's like drawing a yellow line on a white piece of paper; the white paper represent daytime condition. What happen when you draw a blue'ish (LED) white line on the same paper? Obviously the yellow line will be more visible.

There is a solution out there; 10 watts LED will be release into the market shortly.

I noticed PIAA and Bellof LED's are too small; and they are not bright enough to do the job.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 03:34 AM   #83
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by big pimp View Post
all that was being asked from any of the vendors was some daytime pics, which no-one done - it took one honest member to up daytime pics to show the rest of us that they're not worth buying.

a vendor who has taken 20 odd sets at a fair cost will obviously need to get their outlay back, and if they showed daytime pics, people would see they dont do what they're supposed to, and wont sell, and the vendor will be out $$$

pretty simple really to see what the problem is...
Umm lets see, he posted a thread that he had XX (i forgot the actual number) amount of sets for sale. It sold out instantly to the point where he sold his own personal set off his car. Tell me when he had time to take day time pics? All these people that bought it right away could have waited for someone to take some daytime pics but they knowingly bought it without seeing daytime pics. Explain to me how its the vendors fault that these people ordered consciously (meaning they were not forced in any way shape or form) without seeing day time photos.
      04-18-2008, 03:37 AM   #84
absix
Mu mu muh muli, maikouuu!
Rep
Drives: F10 M5; F25 2.0d;

l4wr3nc3, just to make it clear - if you re-read the whole thread again, you will see that I am NOT bashing a vendor or anyone.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 03:37 AM   #85
Kitz
Major
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: ex BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blistex View Post
MDS82 got it right

Halogen bulbs are more brighter during daytime; because they have the yellowish color. It's like drawing a yellow line on a white piece of paper; the white paper represent daytime condition. What happen when you draw a blue'ish (LED) white line on the same paper? Obviously the yellow line will be more visible.

There is a solution out there; 10 watts LED will be release into the market shortly.

I noticed PIAA and Bellof LED's are too small; and they are not bright enough to do the job.
10 watts LED?from which vendor?or is it from you? btw, how's your project?doing good?
      04-18-2008, 03:38 AM   #86
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by absix View Post
l4wr3nc3, just to make it clear - if you re-read the whole thread again, you will see that I am NOT bashing a vendor or anyone.
No i understand. Im talking to those thick headed people that ARE trying to blame this on the vendor. Atleast now hopefully more people will learn to do their own research before buying something.
      04-18-2008, 03:39 AM   #87
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep

Take this analgoy for example if i still cant get through your hard heads. Lets say vorsteiner is coming out with new rims for the E92. No one has any idea of what they look like. I dont care and i place my order anyways just so i can be the first one to have it. When it comes i think its ugly.

Do you really believe i have the right to complain that vorsteiner screwed me over and demand my money back?
      04-18-2008, 03:45 AM   #88
rdsport323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Umm lets see, he posted a thread that he had XX (i forgot the actual number) amount of sets for sale. It sold out instantly to the point where he sold his own personal set off his car. Tell me when he had time to take day time pics? All these people that bought it right away could have waited for someone to take some daytime pics but they knowingly bought it without seeing daytime pics. Explain to me how its the vendors fault that these people ordered consciously (meaning they were not forced in any way shape or form) without seeing day time photos.
well i'm not taking sides here, but... if the dude had them in his car "already" meaning they were already installed.. I'm sure he could've found 3 minutes to take a daytime pic "BEFORE" taking them out and selling them... and since he had them before he announced the group buy, that must've meant he had them installed for longer than a full day...

i don't blame the vendor for this... and I'm sure if he could refund everyone's order, he would.. but with group buys like this, I'm sure they don't have the kind of relationship with PIAA japan to be returning items in bulk or send it back to the wholesalers.
Appreciate 0