E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Do I have Sat Prep? - Picture included of wires in trunk

10-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #1
mfish123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

Do I have Sat Prep? - Picture included of wires in trunk

I'm not the original owner and am interested in adding OEM satelite radio. On the OEM Logic 7 head unit when I press audio, I do not have satellite available as an option but I clearly don't have the satellite receiver installed so I think I probably shouldn't be seeing the option on the head unit in my current state.

Here are pics of the wires I found underneath the trunk floor. I just want to double check and make sure that these indicate that I do in fact have Sat Prep.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #2
Dracon
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Yes, that's the prewiring for a Gen2.5 Satellite Radio module.

You'll need the module itself, the bracket, some rewiring of the MOST bus and coding.

There's a PDF on this board for retrofitting Satellite Radio with covers the re-wiring of the MOST bus (it's not terribly difficult, but you do need to pay attention otherwise all the audio/entertainment equipment goes wonky).
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
mfish123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon View Post
Yes, that's the prewiring for a Gen2.5 Satellite Radio module.

You'll need the module itself, the bracket, some rewiring of the MOST bus and coding.

There's a PDF on this board for retrofitting Satellite Radio with covers the re-wiring of the MOST bus (it's not terribly difficult, but you do need to pay attention otherwise all the audio/entertainment equipment goes wonky).
Thanks for confirming. I have looked at the DIY for those with Sat prep and just wanted to make sure the antennas and wiring were already in place and that, that DIY would work on my vehicle.
Appreciate 0