E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Easy way to disable angel eye dimming!

04-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #45
Rotary Rasp
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECaddict View Post
...so what do you have to do to the nettodat file to increase voltage?
look at the last step in my $40 HID Angel Eye thread
      01-31-2013, 09:16 AM   #46
hackR
Private
Rep
Drives: 2004 E46 M3 titanium silver

question:

if i understand this right, the following is a setting to disable the fading and has nothing to do with brightness, right?

PWM_RL_BL_1_FKT_SL
Change value to wert_01

if this is correct, i've read elsewhere that if you change the following lines to wert_09 that this will increase the brightness to 13.7v...has anyone tried this or does anyone know if this will work?

PWM_SL_1_FKT_SL_TFL --> wert_09
PWM_SL_1_FKT_BL_TFL --> wert_09

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #47
sohcpunk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Why would you not want them to dim? If they are set to be on full brightness at night, it will look like high beams.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #48
Najt
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92 325D 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotary Rasp View Post
I was messing around this evening with my car. Eventually, I managed to disabling the angel eye dimming.

PWM_RL_BL_1_FKT_SL
Change value to wert_01

Thats it, Enjoy!

ps. this only disables the dimming of the angel eyes and increases the voltage to 9.7v, which is what they run at when the head lights are off. By modifying the nettodat the voltage can be increased even more; however, that's more complicated.
works thanks. but on wert_01 it shows (F4,09 Hex = 244,09 Dec) so how is it possible its only 9,7V ?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 11:34 PM   #49
ksspacegray07
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335is coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotary Rasp View Post
I was messing around this evening with my car. Eventually, I managed to disabling the angel eye dimming.

PWM_RL_BL_1_FKT_SL
Change value to wert_01

Thats it, Enjoy!

ps. this only disables the dimming of the angel eyes and increases the voltage to 9.7v, which is what they run at when the head lights are off. By modifying the nettodat the voltage can be increased even more; however, that's more complicated.
will this work with lci's?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 07:23 AM   #50
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i coupe

Anyone know if this works on the E92 FRMFA? People talk about it not working, but they also say that FRMFA doesn't have welcome lights. While this is true on the E90, the E92 definitely does have welcome lights and seems to function the same as its FRM2 and FRM3 counterparts.
      05-06-2014, 04:49 PM   #51
AWDBooSTIn90
Nomore
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe 6MT N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
Anyone know if this works on the E92 FRMFA? People talk about it not working, but they also say that FRMFA doesn't have welcome lights. While this is true on the E90, the E92 definitely does have welcome lights and seems to function the same as its FRM2 and FRM3 counterparts.
Im wondering the same thing. I have a 2007 E92. if i have the daytime lights set to ON in the BC dashboard settings, when i unlock the car my angel eyes come on softly like the other lights. I have HPB 40w led angel eye kit installed. they dont flicker and they look great.

Hoever, when i turn on my headlights the angel eyes dim and they dont look that great when theyre that dim! I would like to code out the dimming with the headlight. when i go to code the FRM module that first line of coding is not there. I tired searching for it a few different ways and its definetly not an option in NCSexpert.

I would also like to experiment increasing the voltage to them to get just a little more light ouput out of them.

Ive gotten pretty good at coding so if anyone could tell me how to go about doing this, that would be great!

***EDIT: (PWM_RL_BL_1_FKT_SL -Change value to wert_01) That line of code is not in my FRM Module

Anthony G
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 01:43 PM   #52
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDBooSTIn90 View Post
Im wondering the same thing. I have a 2007 E92. if i have the daytime lights set to ON in the BC dashboard settings, when i unlock the car my angel eyes come on softly like the other lights. I have HPB 40w led angel eye kit installed. they dont flicker and they look great.

Hoever, when i turn on my headlights the angel eyes dim and they dont look that great when theyre that dim! I would like to code out the dimming with the headlight. when i go to code the FRM module that first line of coding is not there. I tired searching for it a few different ways and its definetly not an option in NCSexpert.
Sounds like you have an FRMFA module, which is different. It's found in 2007 E92s with a build date of before 03/2007 in the door jamb.

PWM_ANSTEUERUNG_RL_BL_1 has been reported to control the angel eye voltage when the headlights are on for the FRMFA. It, and other functions and values are being discussed in a thread I started for angel eye coding. Take a look: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15917087