E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Speed Ticket

09-05-2007, 01:02 PM   #23
y2b3k
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

And shouldn't the judge take into account my previous driving record? I only got 1 ticket over a year ago... and I've never been in any collisions so I have an okay record, not someone who consistantly speeds and unheeds warnings... Couldn't I basically plead that I've learned my lesson and that I will be more safe in the future...? Also, this was my first time getting a ticket in the States, the ticket I was talking about was something I received in Vancouver, but WA has a reciprocal agreement w/ Canada so that's how the officer knew about my driving record... Will that help my case a bit more?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2007, 03:33 PM   #24
ATG
Major
Cuba
Rep
Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone

Garage List
Are you sure about the reciprocity? I got a ticket in BC in 2001 and just paid it. A year later, I checked my driving record here in WA and there was nothing related to the BC ticket.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2007, 10:56 PM   #25
y2b3k
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG View Post
Are you sure about the reciprocity? I got a ticket in BC in 2001 and just paid it. A year later, I checked my driving record here in WA and there was nothing related to the BC ticket.
What I mean by reciprocity is that WA and BC police can check your driving records. I believe the databases are linked, however, if you get a ticket in BC it will not appear on your WA driving record but I'm sure the police can still find out about it. Vice versa for BC drivers getting a ticket in WA, I don't think I will get points added to my license because of this incident, but I'm sure there will be a record of it somewhere... maybe on the reciprocal agreement network. I found this info on ICBC (BC's Insurance website, so the info is not fake/made up).
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 01:53 PM   #26
HPIA4v2
Major
Rep
Drives: F80, F86

Admit guillt option #3 is the less risk since you won;t hire lawyer.

The sad thing about justice system is that if you have money you can get away with alot of things.

The other option is not paying the ticket and stay away from WA for 3 years:rocks:
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 10:24 PM   #27
signel
Rep
Drives: 06 325i

I say fight it

Accepting an automatic reduction is crap. I am 32 and got my first ticket 4 years ago 43-25. no record and the auto reduction took it from 165 to like 135.
I could have gotten further with the judge.
As far as neglegent I would raise the B.S. Flag
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 11:33 AM   #28
Mr. Furley
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Daily - Legacy

This state and cops is ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 02:33 PM   #29
Cerezo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 TL Type-S

Quote:
Ok, in WA State, they actually are able to arrest you if you're going 20 over the speed limit.
i thought it was 15mph, at least that's what i was told like 7-8 years ago. my story is that i got a reckless driving ticket (yellow color) in early 20s, like 70mph or something on a 45 at 3am. i was given an attony, who told me to explain the situation (going to breakfast with friends in other cars) and hope for reduction. i went to the court and i didn't really have to say anything and it was over in 5 minutes. I had clean record and paid 150 USD.

I guess what I am trying to say is, if you want to get a lower penalty, go to the court. If you want to get rid of it totally, get an attony.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 06:04 PM   #30
Mr. Furley
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Daily - Legacy

I moved here in March, so far I've got one speeding, one 2nd degree negligent (deferred), one reckless. Reckless was dismissed due to incomplete Police report (probably a military hook up).
Appreciate 0