E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > [phase III] General Questions Thread. Misfires, codes, modifications, stock etc quest

08-06-2013, 08:04 AM   #23
BmwECY
Banned
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmn1337 View Post
I have the VRSF xi pipes on mine and had no issues getting them in. Only issue i had was getting them to align with the VRSF exhaust as they have to be precisely in the right spot which is difficult.
does the VRSF exhaust has issues with fitment? It's the single midpipe, right?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #24
deadmn1337
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EB 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwECY View Post
It not that it has a problem with fitment it that the Y pipe is a solid piece for the two pipes so the dps have to be precisely in the right spot to mate up. The stock exhaust and other exhausts have two separate pipes so there is more play on where the dps can sit.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #25
kirbycorp
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
It not that it has a problem with fitment it that the Y pipe is a solid piece for the two pipes so the dps have to be precisely in the right spot to mate up. The stock exhaust and other exhausts have two separate pipes so there is more play on where the dps can sit.
cool, good info
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #26
kirbycorp
Banned
Rep

where is the best place to buy a bavarian technic cable?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 05:12 PM   #27
kirbycorp
Banned
Rep

What's the best procede or flash file(s) to run e30-e35?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #28
deadmn1337
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbycorp View Post
I believe a JB4 with the backend flash from BMS gets the most out of E30-40 mixes and higher with out custom tuning. If you wait a couple weeks there should be alot of base maps coming out from users that will be good starting points to get the most of your E** mix

Quote:
I believe Terry worked out a deal with BT to sell single vin cables for ~$185 otherwise for sale section of forum or check all the sponsoring vendors
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #29
kirbycorp
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmn1337
Quote:
I believe a JB4 with the backend flash from BMS gets the most out of E30-40 mixes and higher with out custom tuning. If you wait a couple weeks there should be alot of base maps coming out from users that will be good starting points to get the most of your E** mix

Quote:
I believe Terry worked out a deal with BT to sell single vin cables for ~$185 otherwise for sale section of forum or check all the sponsoring vendors
Great. Thanks a lot, I appreciate the input. I'll check out burgertuning.com
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #30
kirbycorp
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbycorp
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Great. Thanks a lot, I appreciate the input. I'll check out burgertuning.com
Great. Thanks for the input. I'll check out burger tuning. Thanks again
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #31
kirbycorp
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwECY View Post
Any more feedback on vrsf exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #32
deadmn1337
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
took the last two weekends off from working on my car. Attempting to get the dps in the right spot tomorrow most likely though so i can get the exhaust on. Will give you feedback when its installed.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2013, 10:38 PM   #33
kirbycorp
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
took the last two weekends off from working on my car. Attempting to get the dps in the right spot tomorrow most likely though so i can get the exhaust on. Will give you feedback when its installed.
Cool, thanks. I'm considering picking one up.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 11:37 PM   #34
dabert07
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i

You should check out the procede rev 2.5 or 3. It's freaking awesome
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 12:15 AM   #35
kmeghtx
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
hey I got a question for you..

I recently had a friend put the OpenFlash tablet flash on my car. i think its the Map 0, as the Stage 1 made my car develop a rough idle (believe I need new plugs).

Anyways, this Map 0 (lower map, still OFT flash) was running perfectly for 2 days.
i started my car up this evening, and was driving normally. I decided to get on it a little bit and as i got at maybe 60-70% throttle in DS, DCT off, the motor started to sputter around 4k rpm. I let off, and the SERVICE ENGINE SOON light came on....

I pulled over, turedn the car off and gave it a few seconds. Restarted the car, and light is still there. Light has been on since then, i tried to get on it again after some time and it was fine. Recently gave it some throttle and it sputtered like hell and gave me a v rough idle. It is currently idling an driving fine, but i have not taken it past 3k.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #36
deadmn1337
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmeghtx View Post
hey I got a question for you..

I recently had a friend put the OpenFlash tablet flash on my car. i think its the Map 0, as the Stage 1 made my car develop a rough idle (believe I need new plugs).

Anyways, this Map 0 (lower map, still OFT flash) was running perfectly for 2 days.
i started my car up this evening, and was driving normally. I decided to get on it a little bit and as i got at maybe 60-70% throttle in DS, DCT off, the motor started to sputter around 4k rpm. I let off, and the SERVICE ENGINE SOON light came on....

I pulled over, turedn the car off and gave it a few seconds. Restarted the car, and light is still there. Light has been on since then, i tried to get on it again after some time and it was fine. Recently gave it some throttle and it sputtered like hell and gave me a v rough idle. It is currently idling an driving fine, but i have not taken it past 3k.

Any ideas?
Did your friend install the tune viz a tablet or the BB flash software? If through the tablet, use the tablet to check the engine code and see what is going on most likely plugs maybe coils since it was running rough on Stage 1 mapping like you said. If through the BB flash, you need to get a code reader and check the codes. Everything is a shot in the dark until the codes are read and if the SES light is on then there is definitely a code waiting for you if not several.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #37
kmeghtx
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Did your friend install the tune viz a tablet or the BB flash software? If through the tablet, use the tablet to check the engine code and see what is going on most likely plugs maybe coils since it was running rough on Stage 1 mapping like you said. If through the BB flash, you need to get a code reader and check the codes. Everything is a shot in the dark until the codes are read and if the SES light is on then there is definitely a code waiting for you if not several.
got my codes checked @ autozone. Only one code, p0301 misfire in cyl 1. Indy thinks its ignition coil, i think i should just replace my plugs and see what happens.
Appreciate 0