E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Meth kit or stick with E85

09-29-2014, 11:41 AM   #23
PR3CI5N
need4speed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty335i View Post
Just decided to go with the stage 1 pure turbo instead of waiting. its getting installed as we speak. ill be happy with 420 or so whp for the price of the stage one. i am planning on going 50% e85 and 50% california 91 oct. you think with the bigger turbo it would be smart to get the meth kit since i will have a bigger turbo hungry for octane lol? thanks again for all your info
Congrats on the stage 1 upgrade. You're running E48 so the meth will get you over the 100oct marker and it will keep your iat's in the 80's.

What are your mods? You should run my buddy's 135i DCT with the pure stage 1 upgrade. Since your MT though you better be a quick shifter because his car moves. I raced him over the weekend in my N54.
      09-29-2014, 01:02 PM   #24
Schmidty335i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i PS2 turbo FBO JB4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3CI5N View Post
Congrats on the stage 1 upgrade. You're running E48 so the meth will get you over the 100oct marker and it will keep your iat's in the 80's.

What are your mods? You should run my buddy's 135i DCT with the pure stage 1 upgrade. Since your MT though you better be a quick shifter because his car moves. I raced him over the weekend in my N54.
thanks man! my mods are: JB4,7" VRSF FMIC, xless dp, CP, had a bms intake but just switched to a k&n drop in. i dont have my flex fuel wires yet so as of now i am only putting max 3 gallons of e85 into my car. i should have the flex fuel wires by the end of the week.

i love having my car be a MT but i really really wish i could have the no lift shift and a rev limiter for launches intergrated into the JB4... maybe one day for the N55 haha. i wouldnt mind running him. i am planning on going to race legal this friday at qualcomm if you guys want to show up that could be fun! i wanna test out my new turbo and my slicks that just came in last week!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 01:12 PM   #25
PR3CI5N
need4speed
United_States
Rep

Quote:
thanks man! my mods are: JB4,7" VRSF FMIC, xless dp, CP, had a bms intake but just switched to a k&n drop in. i dont have my flex fuel wires yet so as of now i am only putting max 3 gallons of e85 into my car. i should have the flex fuel wires by the end of the week.

i love having my car be a MT but i really really wish i could have the no lift shift and a rev limiter for launches intergrated into the JB4... maybe one day for the N55 haha. i wouldnt mind running him. i am planning on going to race legal this friday at qualcomm if you guys want to show up that could be fun! i wanna test out my new turbo and my slicks that just came in last week!
Can't make it down there this week but lmk what times you run. At SoCal Euro 2014 my best was 8.015 93.37 (2.0 60') and I took first place for BMWs.

Newguy texted me and told me you hit him up. Once your car is dialed in we can all meet up and run.
      09-29-2014, 01:45 PM   #26
Schmidty335i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Can't make it down there this week but lmk what times you run. At SoCal Euro 2014 my best was 8.015 93.37 (2.0 60') and I took first place for BMWs.

Newguy texted me and told me you hit him up. Once your car is dialed in we can all meet up and run.
damn man an 8 flat thats pretty damn good! did you get a borla exhaust? i thought i saw something about if you where the fastest car in your class you could get one given to you. i actually made it out to the euro fest but didnt stay for too long and didnt race, last time i went there i was going crazy trying to get traction with my stock run flats... thats what drove me to buy slicks lol. 2 second 60' is fantastic especially at qualcomm! what kind of tires are you using?

so how did your race turn out against newguy? yeah man i would love to have all of us meet up sometime sounds like it could be a blast.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 01:51 PM   #27
PR3CI5N
need4speed
United_States
Rep

Quote:
damn man an 8 flat thats pretty damn good! did you get a borla exhaust? i thought i saw something about if you where the fastest car in your class you could get one given to you. i actually made it out to the euro fest but didnt stay for too long and didnt race, last time i went there i was going crazy trying to get traction with my stock run flats... thats what drove me to buy slicks lol. 2 second 60' is fantastic especially at qualcomm! what kind of tires are you using?

so how did your race turn out against newguy? yeah man i would love to have all of us meet up sometime sounds like it could be a blast.
I was having some issues on map 3 75add in the first race so he actually beat me by 1/2 a car. I then switched to map 7 and my car ran a little better. I beat him the other two races by a few cars. I'm working out some issues with my Wedge flash at the moment. Once I get it sorted out we'll race again along with the M4 we raced. The videos are in the video section. 335i vs 135i and F4
      09-29-2014, 02:08 PM   #28
Schmidty335i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I was having some issues on map 3 75add in the first race so he actually beat me by 1/2 a car. I then switched to map 7 and my car ran a little better. I beat him the other two races by a few cars. I'm working out some issues with my Wedge flash at the moment. Once I get it sorted out we'll race again along with the M4 we raced. The videos are in the video section. 335i vs 135i and F4
damn i was hoping that even with your car running right he would have been able to pull on you with the stage 1. n54 is just another level of beast haha what all mods do you have done to your car? i cant watch the videos till i get home from work. they wont load here...
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 03:48 PM   #29
PR3CI5N
need4speed
United_States
Rep

Quote:
damn i was hoping that even with your car running right he would have been able to pull on you with the stage 1. n54 is just another level of beast haha what all mods do you have done to your car? i cant watch the videos till i get home from work. they wont load here...
Yes N54's are still beast lol Stage 1 isn't enough to pull on a FBO JB4 E60 Meth N54. I'm sure stage 2 will though. My buddies is DCT as well which is faster than a regular AT or MT.

The second race he didn't brake boost and I took off on him. The 3rd race he did brake boost and got the hit so I had to stop his pull.
      09-29-2014, 04:11 PM   #30
Schmidty335i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes N54's are still beast lol Stage 1 isn't enough to pull on a FBO JB4 E60 Meth N54. I'm sure stage 2 will though. My buddies is DCT as well which is faster than a regular AT or MT.

The second race he didn't brake boost and I took off on him. The 3rd race he did brake boost and got the hit so I had to stop his pull.
well its nice to hear your N54 is heavily modded... that would suck if you said you pulled on him and all you had was a JB4 and DCI hahaha i think i would have to go trade my N55 in if i heard that

the DCT seems really nice and even though it is an advantage i always have opt'd for the MT... like i said before iam just bummed that there isnt anything for the jb4 to control the launch rpms for us n55 guys. also i would kill for NLS at the track with my car, i have tried power shifting it a few times but the stock shifter seems a little long to really be able to move it that quick and the rpms build up super quick. i only have 16k miles on my car so iam not trying to blow the motor haha
Appreciate 0