E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > HELP: Lights randomly on after going in overhead console

10-23-2014, 03:44 PM   #1
CoolHandLuke
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335xi

Question HELP: Lights randomly on after going in overhead console

Synopsis:
Lights came on randomly for ~30 minutes.

Flags:
-V1 radar shorts
-Head lights on for ~30 minutes
-Passenger airbag light intermittent

Story:
Parking garage attendant told me my lights were on for 30 minutes. Normally when press the button my head lights come on but they didn't this time and when I went to start it although it turned over it was a little softer than usual so I'm inclined to believe him and think this may have happened all night.

The last time I was in the car was last night when I went into the center console to fix the issue I've been having with my V1. V1 cut out a couple months back and just got int here last night. I did the fuse tap method. Turns out I have a power shorts up there somewhere in between the power module from V1 along the way to the fuse tap. My understanding is the green and white wire I tapped into is for the sunroof. I've had no sunroof issues whatsoever. The only funky thing I've been observing was my passenger airbag light not being consistent and coming on at odd times. While I was there last night I accidentally pulled out the first module when I had the console down last night while the car was on. I immediately got an error pop up in my head unit for I think Passenger Seatbelt if I'm not mistaken but definitely got an SOS/BLUETOOTH error. I plugged it back in power cycled the car and all was well. Ran the codes and nothing came up.

No big deal right? until this morning. It's possible some of this may not be related particularly the Passenger Airbag light as I've had the dealer look into the passenger air bag light on several occasions but what does it all mean? I'm honestly at a lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0