E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Bimmerkit & Duke Dynamics Diffusor

08-30-2015, 11:50 AM   #45
joshe92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahim e92 View Post
Thank you! And no I was getting msport put on so I gave the shop the diffuser and tips and they did it. Yes I have the BMW pe with Cyba quad tips. Also if you end up getting the duke dynamics diffuser, I recommend getting the one that has a 22cm opening because I read the 18cm one touches the exhaust sometimes with the Remus exhaust.
I actually put my order in for the 58 cm with 3 fins. It's his newest version. The 55 cm was the older and outdated version
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 11:55 AM   #46
joshe92
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Here she is
I probably ordered the same diffuser as you. 58 cm quad w/3fins. He gave me $700 for it. Was yours 745?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 11:58 AM   #47
Rahim e92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshe92
Quote:
Here she is
I probably ordered the same diffuser as you. 58 cm quad w/3fins. He gave me $700 for it. Was yours 745?
Yeah I ordered the older design, he sent me pics of the new one but I liked the older one better. And mine was 700
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 12:02 PM   #48
joshe92
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I ordered the older design, he sent me pics of the new one but I liked the older one better. And mine was 700
I coudn't tella difference between the two. They're practically the same thing. Mine is probably a bigger opeing which is good because remus runs a bit bigger
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 12:10 PM   #49
Rahim e92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshe92
Quote:
I coudn't tella difference between the two. They're practically the same thing. Mine is probably a bigger opeing which is good because remus runs a bit bigger
The fins on the older ones are more spaced out and closer together on the new one
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 12:08 AM   #50
SAADTHESAV
Captain
Rep
Drives: '18 SMB F80 M3 CS

Okay so I bought a single sided carbon fiber performance diffuser with the fins from Duke Dynamics THROUGH LTMW

I ordered it 7/1/15 and received it 8/22/15.. pretty fast if you ask me.

It's sitting in my garage, I will have it installed by next week and I'll post pictures!
Appreciate 2
      09-01-2015, 07:59 AM   #51
joshe92
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAADTHESAV View Post
Okay so I bought a single sided carbon fiber performance diffuser with the fins from Duke Dynamics THROUGH LTMW

I ordered it 7/1/15 and received it 8/22/15.. pretty fast if you ask me.

It's sitting in my garage, I will have it installed by next week and I'll post pictures!
Awesome! Hopefully the fitment is good. Are you installing yourself?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2015, 08:00 AM   #52
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137
Here's my story. I've shared it tons of times but I don't mind supporting DD when I can.

I ordered a diffuser of Duke Dynamics but through the famous west coast shop LTMW. I waited 4 months for it and was constantly being given the run around (because I think DD was truthfully backed up and busy, and was giving LTMW the run around)

Finally the diffuser shows up and it's the wrong one. It was one of the finned diffusers and I wanted the Performance style diffuser. I ship it back and LTMW gets me the one I ordered promptly. I finally am all scheduled to change my bumper to the m sport from JGmods, mount the DD diffuser to it, then convert my 328 exhaust to the 335 style. The performance style diffuser was only available in 335 style quad or dual, and I preferred the dual exhaust.

I get my car from the body shop after a few days and it looks better than imaginable. The next day, I'm rear ended at a stop light. I have a 9k insurance estimate on repairs and it turns out to be more. After deciding it won't be totaled we move forward with repairs. I get another m sport bumper from JG mods but he doesn't really help much with the diffuser. So I say what the heck, let me email Duke Dynamics directly and see what they do.

I talked with Chris over email and he was phenomenal. Quick responses, showed my pictures of what diffuser they had in stock. It was exactly what I had before, but the carbon fiber weave was 2x2 instead of the 1x1 I had previously. I much preferred the 2x2 weave and preferred a white logo but didn't think the red logo would be so bad. Turns out the red logo is a nice little touch that I love. They even honored the lower price that I had paid LTMW. It was supposed to be 650 or something I think.

Anyway, it was shipped out immediately and arrived after a week. I couldn't have asked for a better fitment and experience from DD.

Accident

After

Oh Jesus dude, I'm sorry about your accident!

Truthfully, I'd be more worried about the calibration of the hardtop than anything post accident- that's my worst fear... a rear end hit.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2015, 12:13 PM   #53
SAADTHESAV
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshe92 View Post
Awesome! Hopefully the fitment is good. Are you installing yourself?
No I am not, but I was debating if I should get the M-Tech Rear Bumper (get it installed and painted) and put the diffuser on

OR

tell the body shop to cut my stock E90 LCI bumper and fit the diffuser on.

Not sure what to do, any advice would be great.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2015, 01:52 PM   #54
joshe92
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAADTHESAV View Post
No I am not, but I was debating if I should get the M-Tech Rear Bumper (get it installed and painted) and put the diffuser on

OR

tell the body shop to cut my stock E90 LCI bumper and fit the diffuser on.

Not sure what to do, any advice would be great.
Thats a personal decision. I wouldn't want to cut my stock bumper, and I don't know if that's possible to cut the bumper to make a slot open large and precise enough to fit a diffuser meant for an mtech bumper.

Do they sell mtech bumpers for the 328?

I would suggest the route of getting an mtech bumper painted....then installing the diffuser
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2015, 02:04 PM   #55
SAADTHESAV
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshe92 View Post
Thats a personal decision. I wouldn't want to cut my stock bumper, and I don't know if that's possible to cut the bumper to make a slot open large and precise enough to fit a diffuser meant for an mtech bumper.

Do they sell mtech bumpers for the 328?

I would suggest the route of getting an mtech bumper painted....then installing the diffuser
Yeah they do. Alright yeah that's what I was leaning towards too. My local vendor won't have the m-tech rear for 328i available until September 15th so I'll just wait.

Would any of you guys like to see a picture of the carbon fiber performance diffuser single sided from DD? If so, I can post some.
Appreciate 0