E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > To anyone with the CPS carbon fiber lip

09-13-2015, 07:46 AM   #1
mediapimp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is

To anyone with the CPS carbon fiber lip

I'm considering getting the CPS lip and saw this disclaimer on the **********s website:

"NOTE: Like all Carbon Fiber and FRP products on the market, this product must be test fitted & prepped before installing it. Often, slight modifications are required such as trimming, sanding, filing, or smoothing the surface in order to get best fitment and appearance. This is NOT an OEM product, fitment will NOT always be perfect straight out of the box. We recommend having this product installed by a company that has experience working with AFTERMARKET body kit pieces, not a standard collision repair center that only works on insurance claims. Images below show an accurate representation of THIS PRODUCT, properly installed by a professional installer. We also install this product at our own installation facility in southern California."

Is this truly the case or can this lip be installed without modification?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 01:58 AM   #2
TonyTony
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i E92 Msport

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [10.00]
My lip fits fine without any modifications there is just a slight gap that's barely noticeable.
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2015, 07:55 AM   #3
mmmnot
Custom User Title
Iran
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediapimp View Post
I'm considering getting the CPS lip and saw this disclaimer on the **********s website:

"NOTE: Like all Carbon Fiber and FRP products on the market, this product must be test fitted & prepped before installing it. Often, slight modifications are required such as trimming, sanding, filing, or smoothing the surface in order to get best fitment and appearance. This is NOT an OEM product, fitment will NOT always be perfect straight out of the box. We recommend having this product installed by a company that has experience working with AFTERMARKET body kit pieces, not a standard collision repair center that only works on insurance claims. Images below show an accurate representation of THIS PRODUCT, properly installed by a professional installer. We also install this product at our own installation facility in southern California."

Is this truly the case or can this lip be installed without modification?
I have one on order - should be here Friday. If you need a confirmation by then, I'll be happy to update.
      09-14-2015, 09:15 AM   #4
dragazn
Major
Rep
Drives: i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [5.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTony View Post
My lip fits fine without any modifications there is just a slight gap that's barely noticeable.
Man that is like magic, the front of the lip just stick and held on tight? share the secret man
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 01:21 PM   #5
TonyTony
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i E92 Msport

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragazn View Post
Man that is like magic, the front of the lip just stick and held on tight? share the secret man
The secret was just 3M tape and a few screws to make it more secure.
Appreciate 0