E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Help! I got quite a few errors!

09-30-2015, 12:24 PM   #1
Eagle1oh7
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 328i Sedan

Help! I got quite a few errors!

So after a long stressful day of work I head off to pick my daughter up and then proceed to get gas. I have 14 miles according to iDrive. Before I can even get there I suddenly feel a jolt and then I get the SES light and symbol come on. The iDrive screen said it was reducing power to avoid damage to the car. I start pulling over and then the dash lights up briefly and I get DBC, Driving Stability and Start Off Assistance on iDrive. I got a tow to my house which was less than half a mile away since any auto shop would have been closed by then. When I finally got home I ran my OBDII app and I pulled a P140E which is a power train code due to low fuel. The engine wouldn't turn over and after putting in some fuel with my gas can it turned on so my fuel sensor was fooled into believing it had fuel in it, could that have contributed to the other faults? I have a SULEV so of it's the fuel system it would be covered under the SULEV warranty. Any ideas or solutions? I'm gonna go to Autozone and have them read my codes see if there's anything else that maybe my app didn't pick up on. Thanks for you help.

Below is a what is displayed on iDrive:
DONE: Seibon CF Hood, M3 Rep, MSport rear w/DD CF Diffuser, M3 Rep Skirts, Seibon CSL trunklid, Forgestar F14 18s w/Michelin PSS, Eisenmann catback, AA Headers, BPC Stage 2, Charcoal Delete+revMotor+AFE Drop In filter
FUTURE MODS: LED headlights, CF rooftop, M3 Suspension Conversion, Dinan CAI Mod
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 03:03 PM   #2
PichaDis11
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N52

Can't see your pic OP. I'd recommend taking it to a shop with a BMW Scan tool. Maybe there are shadow codes stored that your scanner and the one at AutoZone will not pick up on.
      10-03-2015, 04:02 PM   #3
Eagle1oh7
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PichaDis11 View Post
Can't see your pic OP. I'd recommend taking it to a shop with a BMW Scan tool. Maybe there are shadow codes stored that your scanner and the one at AutoZone will not pick up on.
Stupid app didn't post my pic for some reason. Anyways, the issue went away. So I was completely out of fuel and after filling it up with a few gallons I decided to drive off around the neighborhood and as soon as I rolled the wheels all the fault messages went away. My guess is that when the engine died due to a lack of fuel all the power that goes to those systems was cut and that's what caused those faults. I called an indy and he told me that if they come back to go see him, so far there haven't been any probelms. I cycled DTC on and off, there was nothing abnormal. Luckily that's all it was, a lack of fuel. I got an upcoming Vehicle Check coming up, I'm out of warranty so I'm going to end up paying for it out of pocket so I'll see what turns up if anything.
DONE: Seibon CF Hood, M3 Rep, MSport rear w/DD CF Diffuser, M3 Rep Skirts, Seibon CSL trunklid, Forgestar F14 18s w/Michelin PSS, Eisenmann catback, AA Headers, BPC Stage 2, Charcoal Delete+revMotor+AFE Drop In filter
FUTURE MODS: LED headlights, CF rooftop, M3 Suspension Conversion, Dinan CAI Mod
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 07:12 PM   #4
PichaDis11
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PichaDis11 View Post
Stupid app didn't post my pic for some reason. Anyways, the issue went away. So I was completely out of fuel and after filling it up with a few gallons I decided to drive off around the neighborhood and as soon as I rolled the wheels all the fault messages went away. My guess is that when the engine died due to a lack of fuel all the power that goes to those systems was cut and that's what caused those faults. I called an indy and he told me that if they come back to go see him, so far there haven't been any probelms. I cycled DTC on and off, there was nothing abnormal. Luckily that's all it was, a lack of fuel. I got an upcoming Vehicle Check coming up, I'm out of warranty so I'm going to end up paying for it out of pocket so I'll see what turns up if anything.
Glad it wasn't much wrong there.

Do have it scanned just to be sure though.