E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Lux Angel Eyes Customer Service

10-05-2015, 10:41 AM   #1
formerposter
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: car

Lux Angel Eyes Customer Service

Hello all,

Wanted to do a quick post on the customer service experience that I just had with Lux. As a consumer I like to purchase products that have a warranty, though I hope to never need the warranty, and in the past I've dealt with some companies that aren't too eager to take care of the customer after the initial purchase has been completed. Fortunately, this was not the case with Lux.

I bought a set of V5s second-hand that are under warranty until December of 2015. After installing, about a day went by and one of the bulbs turned a deep blue, despite being on a white color setting. A few hours later it threw an error code on the car. I contacted Lux, and a representative responded to my email within 3 hours. I had expected trouble due to the fact that I was the second owner, which turned out to not be an issue. The rep asked for a picture of the bulb, which I provided, and immediately identified that the culprit was one burnt out LED. I explained to Lux that I had thrown away my halogen bulbs and didn't want to drive around with one angel eye or waste money on a set of halogens, so they gave me the option of doing a $100 charge to immediately send a replacement light out, to be refunded when they received my defective light.

Two days later, I received a new bulb in perfect working order and packaged mine up to send back to Lux. They promptly refunded the money when they received my defective unit.

Incredibly easy warranty claim, it's always nice to deal with a company that stands by their products. As I'm sure everybody has read a thousand times before, the lights look great too!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2015, 11:21 AM   #2
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by webersp View Post
Hello all,

Wanted to do a quick post on the customer service experience that I just had with Lux. As a consumer I like to purchase products that have a warranty, though I hope to never need the warranty, and in the past I've dealt with some companies that aren't too eager to take care of the customer after the initial purchase has been completed. Fortunately, this was not the case with Lux.

I bought a set of V5s second-hand that are under warranty until December of 2015. After installing, about a day went by and one of the bulbs turned a deep blue, despite being on a white color setting. A few hours later it threw an error code on the car. I contacted Lux, and a representative responded to my email within 3 hours. I had expected trouble due to the fact that I was the second owner, which turned out to not be an issue. The rep asked for a picture of the bulb, which I provided, and immediately identified that the culprit was one burnt out LED. I explained to Lux that I had thrown away my halogen bulbs and didn't want to drive around with one angel eye or waste money on a set of halogens, so they gave me the option of doing a $100 charge to immediately send a replacement light out, to be refunded when they received my defective light.

Two days later, I received a new bulb in perfect working order and packaged mine up to send back to Lux. They promptly refunded the money when they received my defective unit.

Incredibly easy warranty claim, it's always nice to deal with a company that stands by their products. As I'm sure everybody has read a thousand times before, the lights look great too!
Thanks for the great words. I personally own a BMW as well so just here helping out fellow enthusiasts
Appreciate 0