E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Wayne's E91 Lci Plus Edition.

04-02-2016, 07:25 AM   #89
Wayne-G
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MG F30 330d Msport xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by evohicks View Post
I thought this but I have definitely seen some 6 pots for sale without them.
Seems odd! I'm quite fancying an Auto even though I always said I'd never have one as i'm all for manuals, just need a go in one to find out if I really like it.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2016, 08:50 AM   #90
evohicks
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M Sport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne-G View Post
Seems odd! I'm quite fancying an Auto even though I always said I'd never have one as i'm all for manuals, just need a go in one to find out if I really like it.
Yeah I was in the same boat, bought the 320d auto and was impressed, but it having over 180hp helped too, but I didn't have the paddles, it's easier now with the 330d with the paddles especially if you want to grip the wheel with both hands instead of using the left hand to change manually after putting it in sport mode, you can leave it in drive using the paddles and it will automatically go back to drive when you've finished using them.
Using it in sport will be totally manual (of course minus the clutch pedal) unless your revs are too high/low
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2016, 10:48 AM   #91
Wayne-G
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MG F30 330d Msport xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by evohicks View Post
Yeah I was in the same boat, bought the 320d auto and was impressed, but it having over 180hp helped too, but I didn't have the paddles, it's easier now with the 330d with the paddles especially if you want to grip the wheel with both hands instead of using the left hand to change manually after putting it in sport mode, you can leave it in drive using the paddles and it will automatically go back to drive when you've finished using them.
Using it in sport will be totally manual (of course minus the clutch pedal) unless your revs are too high/low
Yeah sounds good, It will be alot better for my commutes having an auto. I'm in stop start traffic for a little while after work sometimes so I get a little tired of clutching my way through it all.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 03:08 PM   #92
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne-G View Post
I was always a manual person until my E46 330d. The auto's are superb and generally well matched to the engines etc.

I think once you've gone with an auto you'll find it hard to go back to manual (unless it's a real weekend toy).