E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Apple to Samsung, yes or now ?

05-05-2016, 10:31 AM   #23
Rudz
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335D xDrive Shadow Edition

I would say a definite no, I moved to a Samsung note 4, have regretted it, been plagued by battery issues, it lasts for a max of 2 hours, it is forever plugged to a charger, Samsung want the phone sent off for repairs with an ETA of 5-7 days without a replacement phone, unlike apple they don't have conveniently located service centres, support is terrible, Android OS is not as polished as IOS, the phone is laggy, the apps crash (Philips Hue), heats up quite a lot too, never again, switching back to iphone
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 10:40 AM   #24
Dannyrado
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A big gold navara

Buy a voda smart ultra 6, unlock it, throw it away when you smash the screen. Rinse and repeat.

I came from an iPhone 6 to it. It's 1/7th of the cost.
      05-05-2016, 10:44 AM   #25
imy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudz View Post
I would say a definite no, I moved to a Samsung note 4, have regretted it, been plagued by battery issues, it lasts for a max of 2 hours, it is forever plugged to a charger, Samsung want the phone sent off for repairs with an ETA of 5-7 days without a replacement phone, unlike apple they don't have conveniently located service centres, support is terrible, Android OS is not as polished as IOS, the phone is laggy, the apps crash (Philips Hue), heats up quite a lot too, never again, switching back to iphone
a replacement battery is £10 on ebay. I had a note 4, went to it from Iphone. was an awesome phone. there will always be isolated cases of product reliability just like 335i's

like I mentioned before ive got both as one is personal one is work and the Samsung is by far superior.

07 E90 335i: JB4, Trebila BEF, BMS DCI, VRSF DPs, Scoops, 19" CSL Reps, 5" ETS FMIC, VTT Inlets, BMS CP, HKS BOV, BMS Meth Injection - sold
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 10:56 AM   #26
Thermobaric
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

Discounting an entire OS/manufacturer because of what is clearly a faulty phone/battery doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Especially considering it has a fairly massive battery and the Note 4 is generally highly regarded. Is the software fully updated?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 04:36 PM   #27
Rudz
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335D xDrive Shadow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermobaric View Post
Discounting an entire OS/manufacturer because of what is clearly a faulty phone/battery doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Especially considering it has a fairly massive battery and the Note 4 is generally highly regarded. Is the software fully updated?
it is the utter disregard they have for customers that is the problem for me, pathetic customer service, I unfortunately am in a Samsung ecosystem, I run a smarthings home automation system, the camera's, white goods I have are all Samsung, when u have a problem they just don't want to know about it

lol, u speak like a Samsung rep, have u updated the software ? are u sure you are using the right charger, have u reset the phone ? it is everything but the damn battery, the replacement is only £15 but it is the matter of principle, I refuse to source one from outside while the phone is still under warranty, I just hate android, have just bought the 6+, cant wait to get back..
      05-05-2016, 05:01 PM   #28
Thermobaric
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

Well, to be fair I've never had to deal with their customer service so it hasn't tarnished my view of them so far.

Heh. It just seems odd the battery life is so bad. I was trying to think of likely causes.

If it was me, I'd push for a replacement if it was still under warranty.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 03:38 PM   #29
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

All phones do pretty much all you need. They cover most of the apps, internet, camera, video and most of the differences are getting a bit anal.

People don't stretch their phones and they are just toys that people just like to have the latest thing.

I like music and do a lot of transferring. Simple drag and drop makes it simple and easy anywhere. Apple iTunes makes it murder.

Recently a Samsung repair centre opened near me and they are excellent. My USB charge point was faulty and I dropped in and they replaced it within two hours.

Apple's customer care is slipping. Walk into a shop and although there is 20 people standing about doing nothing, you need to deal with a genius for a fault.

Often the Genius bar can be booked out for days. That's really unsatisfactory. No other shop would we accept to be told to come back in a few days time.

They are usually very good at giving you a refurbished replacement once you get an appointment.

I agree about the cracked screens with iPhones. It seems a real issue.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2016, 12:51 AM   #30
JJ0063
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90

Just as a flip side to Apple screens.. I've had a 3,4,5,6 and never cracked a screen. Never needed to have any repaired as none have ever had faults.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 10:40 PM   #31
gangzoom
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M sport

Instead of saving money with a cheap android handeset, I some how ended with a S7. Had it for a few days now, and love it, so much more customizable than iOS, a much better and
camera, expandable storage but most impraessive of all no longer need to worry about battery life all the time!!! Wife now wants one to replace her 5S

Also couldn't resist in ordering this, may be a gimmick but at £90 worth a trial.

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 05:37 AM   #32
djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Cool. I worked on the Gear VR ;-). The S7 should have a big more grunt in it for a better experience. Still a way off before phones are really fast enough for that stuff, but its a cool toy.
Appreciate 0