E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Weird question (CSL Related)

06-09-2016, 10:29 PM   #1
Kamiler
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 525xi

Weird question (CSL Related)

Hey guys,

I own a 525xi E60. I know im not in the right forum, but you guys have one of the biggest BMW communities, so I am here seeking some help. Trying to piece my 5 series together lol.

Id like a CSL style or type/like spoiler lip thing for my E60. They currently sell a whole trunk lid. I do not need a new trunk lid, nor have 800+ dollars to spend on a trunk lid. I got the idea of maybe a E92 CSL style spoiler fitting. I already know that there will be modification required on the spoiler to actually look good.

1st option: E39 CSL Style Trunk Spoiler - seems like it could fit with the least modification. Although i am currently waiting on some one get back to me with the dimensions on the trunk lid.

2nd option: BMW E92 CSL Style Trunk Spoiler - would probably require the most modification but i feel like trunk lid shape at least or size in length accross might be a close fit as well. So I figured I ask you guys....

Can someone take some measurements of their trunk lid? That would help me a lot, if they are somewhat similar to mine maybe i can hack something together. All i need for the measurements are pretty much the length across where the lip spoiler thing would sit on.

I got a hefty surface rust spot on the edge of my trunk lid, id figure id prep it, fix it, and put on the spoiler. If the paint is off a little bit (if it doesnt match correctly) id just throw a spoiler on top to mask it a little bit. I really dont want to repaint the whole trunk lid.
Appreciate 0