E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Possible (likely) water pump failure

05-23-2018, 01:51 PM   #23
mfindigital
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Car runs much smoother and no more overheating. Car seems to like the new plugs and starts up quicker. My logs show significantly less timing corrections (was as low as -8.5 on cylinder 5), but I'm still getting corrections of -5.5 on cylinder 6 now. I didn't do coil packs, so that is likely up next. I'm building more boost lower in the rev range now. FCPeuro offers a lifetime warranty with their pump, which is great.

Boost is a bit inconsistent at WOT, peaks at 14.5 sometimes but mostly peaks at 12-13lbs at 100% throttle. Also got a fancy Motul oil change as recommended by A's garage. All in parts and repair for the pump and t-stat was $830.

I'll be installing my DP this weekend and will purchase a charge pipe next, I'm guessing I may have a small leak there that is causing my somewhat inconsistent boost. I've never owned a car that came with 2 parts as low quality as the water pump and charge pipe on this car, pretty disappointing, these were not cheap cars when new. After the Charge pipe, DP and stage 2, I'm done with power adders for a long time, then it's on to bushing inserts, m3 control arms, an aggressive rear diffuser and some federal rsr's. Have a good feeling that this will basically be the perfect sports car for me once that's all wrapped up. I love the 135.