E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Non working comfort access e93

05-12-2019, 03:06 PM   #1
msultani
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Convertible E93

Non working comfort access e93

It’s been awhile since my comfort access stopped working. Just randomly stopped working and it’s been like that ever since. Here’s the breakdown:
Key fob, door handles nor keyless start does not work. So far I have done: replaced battery, replaced key fob battery, manually checked all fuses (don’t have diagram). My dealership is a complete rip off, $200 just for diagnostics. I only have 1 key fob. One time my key worked at the bottom of my drivers side rear bumper, weird as hell right? I can only start my car with the key fob inserted and use the actual key to open the doors. No engine or trouble codes on dash. I’ve looked through the forums and tried other solutions but no avail. Any suggestions would be amazing!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2019, 04:12 PM   #2
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by msultani View Post
It’s been awhile since my comfort access stopped working...:
Key fob, door handles nor keyless start does not work. So far I have done: replaced battery, replaced key fob battery, manually checked all fuses (don’t have diagram). My dealership is a complete rip off, $200 just for diagnostics. [what were Dealer's diagnostic findings -- Fault Codes, Test results, etc.??] I only have 1 key fob. One time my key worked at the bottom of my drivers side rear bumper, weird as hell right? I can only start my car with the key fob inserted and use the actual key to open the doors. No engine or trouble codes on dash. [Any fault codes would be in CAS or Comfort Access Control Unit] I’ve looked through the forums and tried other solutions but no avail. Any suggestions would be amazing!
If you don't have INPA/ISTA or other BMW-specific software/scan tool that can read Fault codes in module other then the DME, a multimeter, patience to follow circuit diagrams, etc., best to simply take it to an Independent shop that HAS that equipment. I do NOT have CA and can't offer personal experience other than simply identifying and interpreting TIS schematics.

However, if it suddenly quit working one day and then NADA, except perhaps once working at the rear bumper antenna (actually NOT weird as there is an antenna there) and changing the battery in your remote did NOT help, then that suggests a system problem in the car that prevents the system from detecting the signal produced by your remote key, rather than a problem with the key radio signal. Obviously the key chip works fine as you can insert key in slot and start car.

A Dealer should have the ability to test for signal sent by CA remote key. Did they NOT do that, and/or NOT explain to you the result of that test? Do you have any written receipt or invoice stating what tests were performed and the results, Fault Codes, etc.? Any Electronic Module has INPUTS (antenna signals in this instance) and OUTPUTS (here to unlock, activate ignition, etc.) and INPA/ISTA can tell you if (1) the module is responding to connection via the OBD II Socket, (2) read "Inputs" such as any signal received from the remote key, and (3) Activate the system by producing "Outputs" to unlock or activate the ignition. That is the easiest way to test the functionality of the system and get clues on what is NOT working as intended, as well as to read Fault Codes or Freeze Frame Data saved in Module Memory.

You might get lucky and be able to test the system yourself simply using the circuit diagrams & a multimeter. For instance, here is the TIS circuit diagram for the CA Control Unit, "A215" in this link:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...ess/1VnXU4jrfZ

Start by checking fuse F61 (5A) which is the top fuse in the 2nd column from the left, F57 being at the bottom of that column as shown in this TIS "Installation Location":
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...cab/1VnYo8ECDO

There should have been a "trifold" attached to the removable panel of your glovebox, but I'll attach two pages from Bentley that show 2008+ fuses to the next post (so as NOT to mess up margins in this post).

Here are other TIS resources if you decide to tackle it yourself:

Convenient Access System Inputs:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...access/unjV9QB

Comfort Access Functional Description:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...access/XPJiwrn

Installation Location of Comfort Access Control Module (A215):
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...i-cab/HOtUza7g

Installation Location of Aerial Diversity, A421:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e93-335i-cab/RaC3fJu

Please let us know what you find,
George
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2019, 04:15 PM   #3
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep

Bentley Fuse Chart, two pdf pages, for 2008+ (2008 & later) E9x:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      05-12-2019, 05:48 PM   #4
drtmvr
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i SULEV

Quote:
It’s been awhile since my comfort access stopped working. Just randomly stopped working and it’s been like that ever since. Here’s the breakdown:
Key fob, door handles nor keyless start does not work. So far I have done: replaced battery, replaced key fob battery, manually checked all fuses (don’t have diagram). My dealership is a complete rip off, $200 just for diagnostics. I only have 1 key fob. One time my key worked at the bottom of my drivers side rear bumper, weird as hell right? I can only start my car with the key fob inserted and use the actual key to open the doors. No engine or trouble codes on dash. I’ve looked through the forums and tried other solutions but no avail. Any suggestions would be amazing!
Get a Honda
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2019, 11:38 PM   #5
RL325xi
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 e91

I am also dealing with the exact same problem.

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1611109

I did found a blown fuse rated 20a. I replaced it with 15A because that all I have.
Looking at the chart you provided. I can't find the 20A slot.

[IMG][/IMG]

I just finally have time used INPA to scan. But I have no idea what it means.

Here are the results:

CID
A468
E5C4

FRM
9CC3

KOMBI
A3B2
931A

FZD
A668
931A

Any idea what does that mean?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 04:30 PM   #6
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL325xi View Post
I am also dealing with the exact same problem.
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1611109
I did found a blown fuse rated 20a. I replaced it with 15A because that all I have. [I CAN'T identify that fuse from Bentley; the chart I provided was labeled "2008+ or 2008 & later models; there are THREE different fuse configurations in the JB (Junction Box): (1) Build Date BEFORE 3/1/2007; (2) Build date between 3/1/2007 & 8/31/2007, and (3) Build date 9/1/2007 & after (2008 & later models)]
Looking at the chart you provided. I can't find the 20A slot. [Correct fuse for your Model with CA is F19, 7.5 Amp, as shown in Red Rectangle in edited jpg attached to NEXT Reply/Post, so as NOT to mess up margins, and the TIS Fuse F19 circuit linked below] I just finally have time used INPA to scan. But I have no idea what it means. Here are the results:

CID
A468
E5C4

FRM
9CC3

KOMBI
A3B2
931A

FZD
A668
931A

Fuse F19 circuit, TIS:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...9-fuse/om5ZfPe

F19 Installation Location, TIS: 4th from L in row beginning F16
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...use/1VnYLtbcQt

I presume those codes are from using "Functional Jobs" in INPA, and copying the code numbers. There's a way to use INPA to connect to each MODULE that has a Fault Code, and get the Code Definition, Freeze Frame Data and other code details. You can also use "Print Screen" (Shft+PrtSc) to copy the screen, paste it to Paint, and SaveAs a jpg file in a folder chosen/ created by you, for future reference and attachment to posts on a forum for help.

If you need help doing any of those things, just let me know & I'll provide steps.

George
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 04:36 PM   #7
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep

F19, Models Built BEFORE 3/1/2007

RL325xi (2006 E91) Fuse F19 (7.5A) Fuse location, RED Rectangle
Fuse for CA module & Door Handle modules BEFORE 3/1/2007:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 06:40 PM   #8
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL325xi View Post
...I just finally have time used INPA to scan. But I have no idea what it means...
CID: A468 & E5C4
FRM: 9CC3
KOMBI: A3B2, 9319 & 931A
FZD: A668
9319 & 931A: [These appear to be duplicates from KOMBI above & NOT FZD]

I assume from what you have posted, and the format in which it is posted that you are NOT using INPA a lot. NOTHING wrong with that, I just want to suggest a different approach:

0) Open Paint (Windows 10 accessory Photo Editor) or Editor of choice;
1) Select "Functional Jobs" in the Right ListBox at the screen after selecting E90; press Enter; Menu should appear;
2) At the Functional Jobs Menu, select F2, Identification; that screen should list ALL ~ 20 modules in your vehicle;
3) After the "Identification" screen has appeared, press Shft+PrtSc to save that screen as an image file in working memory;
4) Alt+Tab to navigate to Paint; Paste (Ctrl+V) the screen to Paint & SaveAs a jpg file in folder of your choice for future reference and attachment to post here.
5) Do the same for Functional Jobs > F4, Fault Memory (Fehlerspeicher), which lists Fault Codes saved in ALL Modules: PrintScreen, copy to Paint, SaveAs jpg file, and attach it here along with F2, Identification. We can then walk you through how to connect to each module which has a fault code, and get MORE information on that code than Functional Jobs gives.

MAKE SURE: you provide your current mileage, and estimate of mileage when CA issue began, as perhaps the MOST important Freeze Frame Data point is the mileage/km at which the Fault Code was saved in module memory.

Examine the Functional Jobs > F2, Identification screen carefully and note that the modules are listed in numerical order of their ADR -- the first column; each module has an abbreviated name like DME for Digital Motor Electronics (or German translation); FOURTH column is key: SGBD is the "CodeName" for the module, and it includes the "variant" of that module, such as "87" following JBBF (Junction Box Electronic Module). The same code number may have a different "Definition" in different modules, so ALWAYS make sure you know your full Module CodeName (SGBD).

The codes you posted do NOT have anything to do directly with a CA fault/issue. Possible exception: K-CAN wire fault (CID/E5C4). General description (which may change slightly depending upon module variant as described above) (1) possible driver's outside mirror communication issue; (2) Communication issue between KOMBI & CAS; (3) Fuel Gauge in KOMBI may not be reading correctly due to Fuel Level Sender (L&R) issues; (4) Right-front reading light issue?

Remember, these may be old codes where the fault is NOT currently present, so we need to see the Freeze Frame Data & Details. When you supply the ScreenPrints of Functional Jobs F2 & F4, please also indicate what performance faults, symptoms or issues you have (such as Fuel gauge or reading light) and if there was any problem with F19 (test it visually AND electrically with multimeter).

INPA is a powerful tool, but it takes time to get familiar with it. If you are going to be able to diagnose your own vehicle & save $$$$, it's WORTH it, so hang in there.

George
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 10:10 PM   #9
RL325xi
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 e91

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbalthrop View Post
I assume from what you have posted, and the format in which it is posted that you are NOT using INPA a lot. NOTHING wrong with that, I just want to suggest a different approach:

0) Open Paint (Windows 10 accessory Photo Editor) or Editor of choice;
1) Select "Functional Jobs" in the Right ListBox at the screen after selecting E90; press Enter; Menu should appear;
2) At the Functional Jobs Menu, select F2, Identification; that screen should list ALL ~ 20 modules in your vehicle;
3) After the "Identification" screen has appeared, press Shft+PrtSc to save that screen as an image file in working memory;
4) Alt+Tab to navigate to Paint; Paste (Ctrl+V) the screen to Paint & SaveAs a jpg file in folder of your choice for future reference and attachment to post here.
5) Do the same for Functional Jobs > F4, Fault Memory (Fehlerspeicher), which lists Fault Codes saved in ALL Modules: PrintScreen, copy to Paint, SaveAs jpg file, and attach it here along with F2, Identification. We can then walk you through how to connect to each module which has a fault code, and get MORE information on that code than Functional Jobs gives.

MAKE SURE: you provide your current mileage, and estimate of mileage when CA issue began, as perhaps the MOST important Freeze Frame Data point is the mileage/km at which the Fault Code was saved in module memory.

Examine the Functional Jobs > F2, Identification screen carefully and note that the modules are listed in numerical order of their ADR -- the first column; each module has an abbreviated name like DME for Digital Motor Electronics (or German translation); FOURTH column is key: SGBD is the "CodeName" for the module, and it includes the "variant" of that module, such as "87" following JBBF (Junction Box Electronic Module). The same code number may have a different "Definition" in different modules, so ALWAYS make sure you know your full Module CodeName (SGBD).

The codes you posted do NOT have anything to do directly with a CA fault/issue. Possible exception: K-CAN wire fault (CID/E5C4). General description (which may change slightly depending upon module variant as described above) (1) possible driver's outside mirror communication issue; (2) Communication issue between KOMBI & CAS; (3) Fuel Gauge in KOMBI may not be reading correctly due to Fuel Level Sender (L&R) issues; (4) Right-front reading light issue?

Remember, these may be old codes where the fault is NOT currently present, so we need to see the Freeze Frame Data & Details. When you supply the ScreenPrints of Functional Jobs F2 & F4, please also indicate what performance faults, symptoms or issues you have (such as Fuel gauge or reading light) and if there was any problem with F19 (test it visually AND electrically with multimeter).

INPA is a powerful tool, but it takes time to get familiar with it. If you are going to be able to diagnose your own vehicle & save $$$$, it's WORTH it, so hang in there.

George

Thank you george for the instruction. will perform another scan from INPA as per your instruction and get back to you.
By the way the 7.5A is good. that was the first one I check. What do you think of my blown 20A for?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 12:15 AM   #10
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Did you find the fuse map on the back of the glove box cover
it kind of tells you what the fuses are.
You didn't list the fuse number.
Fuse board looks different than the one in the Bently manual.

If it doesn't there is always the first two links of
georges links
https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/at...9&d=1539905743

Last edited by ctuna; 05-15-2019 at 12:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 08:12 AM   #11
slupie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 328iT, Montego Blau

Quote:
I have an E91 with CA and when I had the same symptoms like you are having, on my car it was caused by broken wires that feed into the Diversity Antenna Amplifier. Do you know where the Diversity Antenna Amplifier is on E93? How is the AM/FM radio reception?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 10:44 AM   #12
msultani
Rep

George thank you for all the info. I tried to follow everything as the best as I could. I do have all the bmw software, I ran ista and inpa as requested. I also checked all the fuses mentioned and a few more but unfortunately they were all intact. I've never had a fuse map for my car so I've always relied on online diagrams. I checked my battery to see if I missed any connections but it was all correct. I don't really know where the diversity antenna is located. I'm thinking its either that or the CA module. Ista/inpa pics attached. Thank you
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 11:29 AM   #13
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Inpa is saying it's not reading most of your sub modules
and Inpa is not reading them as present.
Are there any errors from the CAS in Ista and from the other
modules that aren't being read .

Do you have a tune that is turned on?
I wonder if the e93 has a different fuse board than
the others as it has to support circuits for a retractable roof
although I did not see any variations in the Bently Manual.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 04:27 PM   #14
msultani
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
Inpa is saying it's not reading most of your sub modules
and Inpa is not reading them as present.
Are there any errors from the CAS in Ista and from the other
modules that aren't being read .

Do you have a tune that is turned on?
I wonder if the e93 has a different fuse board than
the others as it has to support circuits for a retractable roof
although I did not see any variations in the Bently Manual.
No tune, only modifications are dci, downpipes and exhaust. I saw that I kept getting no readings on the modules as well. I'm going to clear all memory and drive around for a bit to see if anything get read. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 08:46 PM   #15
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
...I don't really know where the diversity antenna is located. I'm thinking its either that or the CA module. Ista/inpa pics attached.
1) Module locations on E93, as copied from Post #2 above :

Installation Location of Aerial Diversity Module, A421:

2) ISTA: I have never used ISTA so can't give suggestion as to next steps on that, or whether it appears to be working properly.

3) INPA: as ctuna suggests, you have ~ 20 modules in your 2009 335i E93, but only THREE (3) are showing on the screen you copied from Functional Jobs > F2, Identification. There is either something wrong with your INPA installation on your cable setup.

Have you set USB Serial Port Settings to COM1 & Latency 1? If not post back, indicate the cable brand (e.g. BimmerGeeks) & ask for help. Also, make sure the slide switch on the cable is in the "Far-Right" position a~ 20 s viewed with pins pointing to 12 o'clock and brand label facing you (if BimmerGeeks). Another trick to try to get MORE of the modules to show up in F2, Identification is to continue to press F2 every few seconds to essentially "reload" that screen, until more/all modules appear.

Since I don't have CA, I'm NOT sure if there is a separate Module for that or NOT. Perhaps someone with both CA & INPA can answer that question and indicate what ADR number it has, so you know where to look for Faults saved. It may all be in CAS, but if there is a separate Module for Comfort Access, then you should check that as well.

So if you want to try to get INPA to work, I'm able to help there, otherwise someone else will have to help on ISTA. Just to get started in INPA, you need to connect to "Functional Jobs" which you appear to ALREADY know how to do since you attached the F2, Identification screen, and you know how to save a screen and attach it to your post here, so we're getting close. Suggested next steps for INPA diagnosis:

1) Connect your Cable to the USB port of your laptop (NOT the OBD II Socket of vehicle, JUST computer);
2) Open Control Panel, Select Device Manager, Ports (COM & LPT);
3) Double-click USB Serial Port & select Port Settings Tab;
4) Click "Advanced" box & set (a) Com Port# = COM1 & (b) Latency Timer (msec) = 1; Close Control Panel

5) Connect cable to OBD II Socket & with Ignition on, engine OFF, in INPA, Select Functional Jobs > F2, Identification, and see how many modules show up; if NOT ~ 20 different lines with module ADR in first column and Module Name in 2nd column (like your screen you posted, just MORE lines/ modules), press F2 about every 5 seconds 3 or 4 times and see if you get more. Press Shft+PrtSc each time you get more than 3, and save/post that screen when you get ~ 20.

6) Select Functional Jobs > F4, Fault Memory, All Modules, PrintScreen, SaveAs jpg file & post here.

THEN we can help with next steps which will basically involve connecting to CAS or other modules with fault(s) related to CA, and see what clues are hidden in Fault Memory.

George
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 11:44 PM   #16
S65Hunter
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Garage List
  [0.00]
Just buy BimmerGeeks protool.
Thread.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 12:35 PM   #17
martinm0
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i RWD 6MT Sport

Carly Coding - Deactivate Comfort Access

I'm sure this is not your issue, but I recently had the CA is my new to me 335i stop working entirely. The original owner indicated that CA has always been intermittent (I think he had door handles replaced).

Right from the get go the car had been showing the battery icon on the car. It was a second vehicle and not driven much by the original owner, and the battery in the car was original. I could see that the CA behaved most of the time if the car was driven and charged up. Other times when it was sitting, it would not work.

This week I put a new OEM AGM battery into the car, and still no CA. Neither of the keys would work, and neither door handle worked, which was strange from my previous usage over the few weeks I've had the car.

Last weekend I borrowed a friend's Carly adapter and coded in some basic things like windows close with FOB, door lock, and CA buttons. I went back and looked at the settings yesterday and I recalled seeing the option "DEACTIVATE COMFORT ACCESS" in the list and the default setting was OFF. In the process of coding the window control, I believe I saw this and changed it to ON (since the setting is called DEACTIVATE CA, I presumed ON = deactivated, and OFF = active). I changed the setting back to ON and the CA started working perfectly again.

I emailed this to Carly last night in hopes they might update the settings to be more clear. But if you've done any coding with Carly, just make sure you didn't change this setting to OFF.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 12:47 PM   #18
Dpc2u
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E60 M5, F15 X5, E46

Just throwing this out there, as it happened to me on my E93. Do you have aftermarket puddle lights? After I installed some cheap ones, my CA went haywire. Swapped the OEM led puddle lights in and everything was back to normal. Interference from the non shielded Chinese junk I guess.

IG - @thebimmerhaus
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 05:07 PM   #19
msultani
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbalthrop View Post
Quote:
...I don't really know where the diversity antenna is located. I'm thinking its either that or the CA module. Ista/inpa pics attached.
1) Module locations on E93, as copied from Post #2 above :

Installation Location of Aerial Diversity Module, A421:

2) ISTA: I have never used ISTA so can't give suggestion as to next steps on that, or whether it appears to be working properly.

3) INPA: as ctuna suggests, you have ~ 20 modules in your 2009 335i E93, but only THREE (3) are showing on the screen you copied from Functional Jobs > F2, Identification. There is either something wrong with your INPA installation on your cable setup.

Have you set USB Serial Port Settings to COM1 & Latency 1? If not post back, indicate the cable brand (e.g. BimmerGeeks) & ask for help. Also, make sure the slide switch on the cable is in the "Far-Right" position a~ 20 s viewed with pins pointing to 12 o'clock and brand label facing you (if BimmerGeeks). Another trick to try to get MORE of the modules to show up in F2, Identification is to continue to press F2 every few seconds to essentially "reload" that screen, until more/all modules appear.

Since I don't have CA, I'm NOT sure if there is a separate Module for that or NOT. Perhaps someone with both CA & INPA can answer that question and indicate what ADR number it has, so you know where to look for Faults saved. It may all be in CAS, but if there is a separate Module for Comfort Access, then you should check that as well.

So if you want to try to get INPA to work, I'm able to help there, otherwise someone else will have to help on ISTA. Just to get started in INPA, you need to connect to "Functional Jobs" which you appear to ALREADY know how to do since you attached the F2, Identification screen, and you know how to save a screen and attach it to your post here, so we're getting close. Suggested next steps for INPA diagnosis:

1) Connect your Cable to the USB port of your laptop (NOT the OBD II Socket of vehicle, JUST computer);
2) Open Control Panel, Select Device Manager, Ports (COM & LPT);
3) Double-click USB Serial Port & select Port Settings Tab;
4) Click "Advanced" box & set (a) Com Port# = COM1 & (b) Latency Timer (msec) = 1; Close Control Panel

5) Connect cable to OBD II Socket & with Ignition on, engine OFF, in INPA, Select Functional Jobs > F2, Identification, and see how many modules show up; if NOT ~ 20 different lines with module ADR in first column and Module Name in 2nd column (like your screen you posted, just MORE lines/ modules), press F2 about every 5 seconds 3 or 4 times and see if you get more. Press Shft+PrtSc each time you get more than 3, and save/post that screen when you get ~ 20.

6) Select Functional Jobs > F4, Fault Memory, All Modules, PrintScreen, SaveAs jpg file & post here.

THEN we can help with next steps which will basically involve connecting to CAS or other modules with fault(s) related to CA, and see what clues are hidden in Fault Memory.

George
George, did as you asked for inpa. I'm not sure how but my cable settings got changed & latency timer was set to 16 instead of 1. After fixing it I got modules to show up but only while ignition was turned on. I have attached the 2 things you asked for. Thank you
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 05:09 PM   #20
msultani
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpc2u View Post
Just throwing this out there, as it happened to me on my E93. Do you have aftermarket puddle lights? After I installed some cheap ones, my CA went haywire. Swapped the OEM led puddle lights in and everything was back to normal. Interference from the non shielded Chinese junk I guess.
Man right when I read this,I ran to my car! I swapped out the aftermarket ones, installed the old ones.......but still didn't work! Was really hoping it was the problem. Thank you though
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 05:27 PM   #21
Dpc2u
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E60 M5, F15 X5, E46

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpc2u View Post
Man right when I read this,I ran to my car! I swapped out the aftermarket ones, installed the old ones.......but still didn't work! Was really hoping it was the problem. Thank you though
It was worth a shot. Several folks have posted the same issue with aftermarket puddle lights. Hope you find the gremlin!

IG - @thebimmerhaus
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2019, 01:23 PM   #22
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
George, did as you asked for inpa. I'm not sure how but my cable settings got changed & latency timer was set to 16 instead of 1. After fixing it I got modules to show up but only while ignition was turned on. I have attached the 2 things you asked for. Thank you
Sorry I missed your post and didn't reply sooner. Looks like INPA is reading ALL the Modules now (27 total ;-) Probably changing COM Port settings makes ISTA run better (correctly ;-) now as well where you should have fewer/no "Red" modules (not connecting). I realize that your initial concern was Comfort Access, but you have quite a few codes in the DME which are hopefully NOT currently present, but should be checked out. Most concerning is "Misfire" on cylinders 1,2,4,5, with injector cutout. If you don't know the history of those, connecting to the DME and Selecting F4 > F3, Fault Memory with Freeze Frame Data, will allow you to see mileage at which each code was saved, whether fault is currently present, etc.

So the good news is you appear to have a fully-functional INPA, which can diagnose issues as well or better than most anything else, AS LONG AS YOU KNOW HOW TO USE IT.

I do NOT know anything about Comfort Access except what I see in TIS & Bentley. What I would need to see is the 2nd & 3rd screen of Functional Jobs Fault Codes in ALL Modules. The screen you posted two days ago ONLY shows faults in #12 DME, and the Last Module shown is #29 DSC. We need to know what other modules AFTER DSC have Faults, particularly #40 CAS, but ANY others > #29 DSC.

ANYONE know if the CA Module has its own Fault Memory, and if so, what Module it is in the 2nd list of all 27 Modules in the vehicle?

If you will just post Functional Jobs F4 > F1, screens AFTER #29 DSC, we can hopefully make some progress quickly on this.

If you want to try your hand at connecting to the CAS Module while you're getting those Functional Jobs screens, here is how to do it (and read Fault Codes & FF Data saved in CAS Memory):

1) Open Paint so you can copy screens from INPA to SaveAs jpg files;
2) Select E90-E93 and in Script Selection Box, Tab down to Body/Karosserie in Left ListBox;
3) Tab to Right Listbox, scroll down to "Car Access System" and select;
4) CAS Main Menu appears; select F4, Fault Memory, and then F1, Read Fault Memory;
5) Save ALL Fault Memory Screens and post here.

George
Appreciate 0