E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Electrical Issue - Please help!!

03-25-2020, 09:07 PM   #1
JC888
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5M/335XI

Electrical Issue - Please help!!

Over the past week, I've been dealing with this electrical issue that i cannot figure out the cause. Here is the timeline of what has transpired:

1. Water Pump failed and was replaced two weeks ago. Prior to the water pump failing, car was running perfectly.

2. After completing the water pump replacement, the car started but was stuck in limp mode. I check codes and the only two that resulted was 30D0 Wastegate 2,input signal and 3100 low boost engaged. Eventually, the car would no longer start and the battery was low. I attempted to jump start the car but it just cranks. Finally, I took the battery out and had it tested at Autozone. They told me the battery was bad so i purchased and replaced it. Car started up and ran completely normal immediately.

3. The very next morning, I go to start the car and it would not start, long crank but never started. I started troubleshooting, check for codes via JB4 but it would not connect. I then connect to MHD. This time, I get a new set of codes, 2ACC and 2ACB DME relay, switch delay and input signal. I reached out to BMS, Ando kindly had me send him some pics of the board and he determined that the board was bad? (no idea how as it was working the previous day before).

4. Today, I received the replacement board and a new master relay. Plugged everything and right off the bat, I was able to connect to the JB4 mobile app and I had my steering controls back, I ran a code check and a bunch of codes popped up:

2ACC
2ACB
29E2
2FBE
2E18
29CD
29D2
29CC
2EE3
00f1
101D

I clear the codes, re-read and no codes came back. I proceeded to re-setup the JB4 to my custom tune setting but I found that I was not able to connect to the laptop via the ODB port. I switched back to the JB4 able, connected and started entering the values. All of a sudden, the car started to acting funny. There were various click from the engine, I heard the water pump spin up and then my LPFP starting running constantly. In the mist of this, I lost connect to the JB4, no re-connection to JB4 mobile and no connection via laptop. I plug in the ODB cable to try to connect to MHD/Protools and now neither are connecting. I took the JB4 board out and there weren't any thing wrong with the board visually. The car now will not communicate with any apps. I am not sure what is going on?

Did my DME just gone bad? I am completely at a lost on how I went from a working vehicle to a bad JB4 to now what it seems like a bad DME? Just by sitting overnight. Please help!!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 10:39 PM   #2
JC888
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5M/335XI

Update:

I removed the JB4 and put the connectors back to stock on the DME. I am now able to connect and read codes via MHD. Still getting the 2ACC, 2ACB codes and carnk but no start but at least I am back to communicating to the DME.
Appreciate 0