E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > What did you do to your car today?

06-16-2020, 03:28 AM   #1651
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jard View Post
It was a full wtf moment when I found it haha
Hahhaha
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 06:12 PM   #1652
EB89
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i e92 DCT

Garage List
My car had been running like a dog for over a year.

I was hating it so much.

Cold starts where the car would take 10 seconds to turn on, embarrassing.

Doing a pull on a street or highway and I’d get misfires, if I kept pulling for too long full engine malfunction and limp mode.

I read HPFP codes and knew what it was..

I had no time to do anything about it, local dealer had a month wait to get in, and when it finally got in they couldn't’ find ANYTHING wrong, no codes and told me the car started fine and drove fine, so frustrating.

I even said keep it overnight and do a full cold start in the morning and somehow it started fine for them.

I asked them to quote on the HPFP replacement which took like a week or two and I just got an email with “ahhh $4,000 to do the HPFP”

I though stuff this

Ordered one from FCP for way less

Took a day off work and installed it (ass of a job)

Instantly cold starts we’re perfect again.
Pressing the start button now and the car couldn’t start faster if it tried lol

However misfires when doing pulls remained still, misfires code on 2 cylinders.

Ordered six new plugs and coils from FCP, I worked out I don’t think they had ever been changed in the 9 years and 150,000kms of life the car has.... no record in the service book of it at lease and I’ve had the car for 5 years.

Another day off work to install them, and now the car is running better than it ever has since over owned it.

I forgot how much I enjoyed driving a car without issues.

Treated it to some new genuine piano black interior trim pieces which look so much better than the stock wood grain crap.

Coolant expansion tank took a dump, second time over replaced that but I got the first from FCP so I should be able to return the first broken one, haven’t sent it back yet, new one arrived and fixed that coolant leak, it was the exact same failure as the first. Plastic cracked and was pissing out coolant. Easy to install.

Then, there’s I was, long weekend, bored, sitting at home and I open up my service NsW app on my phone for no reason and just look around in it, I see my license, I see registrations and go into that, and there’s none there, hmm weird, so I do a rego lookup and my cars registration had been expired for 7 months....

I had no idea..

Unfortunately after 3 months they take your number plates and you need to go through the full blue slip process. So my EB89 plates are gone and I have generic plates, but I got it registered again with no issues.

Apparently since they removed the window stickers, cars falling out of registration by accident has skyrocketed.

The app didn’t try to warn me and I moved house so can only assume the snail mail went to someone else, no idea where the reminder email is, I can’t find it.

Anyway, as of right now the car is running really well, I’m loving to drive it, happy days... knock on wood

Last edited by EB89; 06-22-2020 at 06:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 05:34 AM   #1653
Hoper
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB89 View Post

I was hating it so much.

Doing a pull on a street or highway and I’d get misfires, if I kept pulling for too long full engine malfunction and limp mode.

I had no time to do anything about it, local dealer had a month wait to get in, and when it finally got in they couldn't’ find ANYTHING wrong, no codes and told me the car started fine and drove fine, so frustrating.

I even said keep it overnight and do a full cold start in the morning and somehow it started fine for them.

I asked them to quote on the HPFP replacement which took like a week or two and I just got an email with “ahhh $4,000 to do the HPFP”

I though stuff this

Ordered six new plugs and coils from FCP, I worked out I don’t think they had ever been changed in the 9 years and 150,000kms of life the car has.... no record in the service book of it at lease and I’ve had the car for 5 years.

Another day off work to install them, and now the car is running better than it ever has since over owned it.

Treated it to some new genuine piano black interior trim pieces which look so much better than the stock wood grain crap.

Coolant expansion tank took a dump, second time over replaced that but I got the first from FCP so I should be able to return the first broken one, haven’t sent it back yet, new one arrived and fixed that coolant leak, it was the exact same failure as the first. Plastic cracked and was pissing out coolant. Easy to install.

Then, there’s I was, long weekend, bored, sitting at home and I open up my service NsW app on my phone for no reason and just look around in it, I see my license, I see registrations and go into that, and there’s none there, hmm weird, so I do a rego lookup and my cars registration had been expired for 7 months....

I had no idea..

Unfortunately after 3 months they take your number plates and you need to go through the full blue slip process. So my EB89 plates are gone and I have generic plates, but I got it registered again with no issues.

Apparently since they removed the window stickers, cars falling out of registration by accident has skyrocketed.

The app didn’t try to warn me and I moved house so can only assume the snail mail went to someone else, no idea where the reminder email is, I can’t find it.

Anyway, as of right now the car is running really well, I’m loving to drive it, happy days... knock on wood
Nice EB, always good to get them running right, I've been walnut blasting a few cars and always get good reports back, also done some fuel pumps, injectors and water pumps recently

everyone loves them when they're running nice
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 06:31 AM   #1654
Aus335iguy
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 335i MSport DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:

I was hating it so much.

I though stuff this

I had no idea..

Good to hear you're back on the road EB!
Any pics of the piano black trim? I've been thinking about how that might look on mine ?
      06-23-2020, 07:18 AM   #1655
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:

I was hating it so much.

I though stuff this

I had no idea..

Man what a drama.... glad its running sweet now
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 06:05 PM   #1656
EB89
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus335iguy View Post
Good to hear you're back on the road EB!
Any pics of the piano black trim? I've been thinking about how that might look on mine ?
Here’s some pics, they don’t really do justice, the gloss black looks really good.

Photos seem to make black interiors look much lighter than they are in person.

I haven’t finished the trim yet, just did the two front dash and shifter surround.

Ill do the doors and rear soon, they came from schmiedmann

Last edited by EB89; 06-24-2020 at 07:13 PM..
Appreciate 2
TiAgAu150.00
      06-24-2020, 07:15 PM   #1657
EB89
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Hoper Socket Aus335iguy

Thanks guys, was painful, but im really loving the car again at the moment
      06-24-2020, 09:36 PM   #1658
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Here’s some pics, they don’t really do justice, the gloss black looks really good.

Photos seem to make black interiors look much lighter than they are in person.

I haven’t finished the trim yet, just did the two front dash and shifter surround.

Ill do the doors and rear soon, they came from schmiedmann]
Looks beautiful
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 03:38 AM   #1659
Aus335iguy
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 335i MSport DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
@EB89
How much was the trim? I thought you painted it I was going congratulate you and that it look really smooth
      06-25-2020, 07:51 AM   #1660
EB89
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus335iguy View Post
@EB89
How much was the trim? I thought you painted it I was going congratulate you and that it look really smooth
The first order of 4 pieces was $630AUD including delivery

The second order of 6 pieces will be $650AUD landed (haven’t ordered yet)

So $1280 AUD delivered for all 10 pieces

I have tried painting in the past and in summer the Aussie heat just obliterates home paint jobs, at least my home paint jobs.

I’ve painted trim and it bubbles
I’ve wrapped trim and it turns to shit

Summer just fucks it.

Genuine trim is what I should have done from day one
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2020, 09:56 PM   #1661
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Haha EB89 you're so fkn lucky you didn't get pulled over for no rego! I always get an sms for my cars when their rego is due?

The $ you saved almost help cover for your nice piano black interior trim!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2020, 05:07 AM   #1662
EB89
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
Haha EB89 you're so fkn lucky you didn't get pulled over for no rego! I always get an sms for my cars when their rego is due?

The $ you saved almost help cover for your nice piano black interior trim!
I really don’t know how it happened. No email, I didn’t get SMSs, no notification from the Service NSW app, and I moved house so I assume a letter went elsewhere.

Yeah extremely lucky police didn’t get me. Why can’t they just auto debit me...

Tell me I need an inspection 45 days out or what ever it is and keep reminding via the app.

Auto debit if a green slip and inspection exist.

Ehhh
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 11:32 PM   #1663
Coupes33
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 335i, 2017 Audi S3

Yesterday, I removed my M3 diff. I will take it to Diff Lab to have the gear ratio changed from 3.25 back to 3.45. Today, I removed the Fuel-It PI. Intake ports are still clean with no build up of carbon on the valves.

Name:  IMG_2478.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  472.5 KB

Name:  IMG_2477.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  260.7 KB

Name:  IMG_2467.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  494.0 KB

Name:  IMG_2479.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  387.0 KB
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 09:11 AM   #1664
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupes33 View Post
Yesterday, I removed my M3 diff. I will take it to Diff Lab to have the gear ratio changed from 3.25 back to 3.45. Today, I removed the Fuel-It PI. Intake ports are still clean with no build up of carbon on the valves.]
Are you parting out Coupes?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 05:07 PM   #1665
Coupes33
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
Are you parting out Coupes?
No Socks. Since I am only going to run on 98 from now on, I don't require the PI. The gear ratio change in the diff is so I can possibly get a better time on the strip. The 3.25 ratio was ideal for the E85 as I was revving out quicker through the gears and needed that gearing so that I didn't have to change into 5th before the line. With the 98, I am only getting to 5,800 rpm on the line in 4th so the lower gearing should get the revs to around 6,500 rpm and accelerate a bit quicker. That is what I am hoping for anyway.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 08:11 PM   #1666
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupes33 View Post
No Socks. Since I am only going to run on 98 from now on, I don't require the PI. The gear ratio change in the diff is so I can possibly get a better time on the strip. The 3.25 ratio was ideal for the E85 as I was revving out quicker through the gears and needed that gearing so that I didn't have to change into 5th before the line. With the 98, I am only getting to 5,800 rpm on the line in 4th so the lower gearing should get the revs to around 6,500 rpm and accelerate a bit quicker. That is what I am hoping for anyway.
Glad ur not parting out mate. Plan makes sense .... also PI removal = weight reduction
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 02:23 AM   #1667
drZ
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: black sapphire e92

Are u selling the PI setup coupes?? 😋
You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. Welcome to the layer cake son.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 04:36 AM   #1668
Coupes33
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drZ View Post
Are u selling the PI setup coupes?? 😋
Yes I will be selling the PI.
Appreciate 1
drZ127.50
      07-21-2020, 04:24 AM   #1669
Hoper
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT

CCC Replacement

Been installing and configuring this
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 05:15 AM   #1670
drZ
Major
Australia
Rep

Is that nbt?
You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. Welcome to the layer cake son.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 05:19 AM   #1671
drZ
Major
Australia
Rep

I installed RB PCv setup with mishimoto van acquired from PeterY and m3 cowls from RayJ. Was such an ordeal on my back being short but got to the end after like 3hours. Had to get the intakes out and ran into different issues installing the pCV 🤷🏻*♂️
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Socket4542.00
      07-21-2020, 09:00 AM   #1672
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoper View Post
Been installing and configuring this