E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Vanos situation

10-30-2021, 03:42 PM   #1
Aliak335i
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 bmw 335i

Vanos situation

Hey so this is my first post on here and here's my situation, about a month ago or so I did a pull to 160mph and instantly I get a engine malfunction light on the dash, no boost. I hook up my mhd and I got a 2A87 code which is a exhaust vanos mechanical code. So far I have tried swapping out the vanos sensors with my donor car, nothing. Next I pulled and cleaned the 2 valves on the side of the head, one of which was quite dirty and still nothing. So I went to check my oil filter housing and here's what I found, as soon as I opened the cap oil would spill out of the housing, it's almost like it's not draining, the gasket and everything is there and it all looks normal would that possibly be a correlating issue? Last thing I would think of would be cam ledges. Also worth mentioning at this point the engine malfunction light is consistently on, any help will be greatly appreciated thanks!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2021, 04:57 PM   #2
Mustafa.e92
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 335i

A bad cap can cause vanos codes, replace it and go from their
Appreciate 0