E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > MATRIX 4

12-28-2021, 11:05 AM   #111
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I watched on HBO over the weekend. After reading all teh stuff here, I figured it was going to be HORRIBLE, and mostly just remakes of the original.

It was somewhat entertaining, a decent use of a few hours when it was raining and cold outside (I'm from Cali, 52 is COLD!)
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 11:24 AM   #112
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

Has either of the former brothers now sisters had anything else good? V was decent but messy but it seems like they just got lucky with one concept and have been able to keep a career off that
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 11:54 AM   #113
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan stewart View Post
Has either of the former brothers now sisters had anything else good? V was decent but messy but it seems like they just got lucky with one concept and have been able to keep a career off that
I was going to say the same thing. If you check out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wachowskis It sums it up the same as you just did basically. Nominated for worst director for the 2nd and 3rd Matrix. V was decent. Everything else trash. Jupiter ascending? Horrific. Speed racer sucked. Ninja assassin was trash. Not much has come from them movie wise IMO.

She says she made it because of her parents death which is funny because WB says the exact opposite. They were ready to assign a new director: "In a recent interview with Collider, Resurrections producer James McTeigue admits that WB had plans to assign a different director." https://deadline.com/2021/12/the-mat...ng-1234902187/

“It was never interesting to me, as an idea, to continue [‘The Matrix’ franchise],” she explained. “But then something really hard happened, which is both of my parents got ill…It was just this constant grief. My dad died, a friend died, and then my mom died. I didn’t really know how to process that kind of grief. I hadn’t experienced it that closely…You know that their lives are going to end and yet it was still really hard. And then my brain has always reached into my imagination, and one night, I was crying and I couldn’t sleep, and suddenly, my brain exploded this whole story. I couldn’t have my mom and dad, yet suddenly I had Neo and Trinity, arguably the two most important characters in my life. It was immediately comforting to have these two characters alive again, and it’s super simple. You can look at it and say, ‘Ok, these two people die and ok, bring these two people back to life, and oh, doesn’t that feel good?’ Yeah, it did! It’s simple, and this is what art does and that’s what stories do, they comfort us. And they’re important.”

Sounds like mental illness if the most important people in your like are made up...she can't have her parents back so she brought them back? Even her Brother/Sister said now way on a 4th movie "The Matrix director Lilly Wachowski turned down fourth movie as it felt ‘unappealing’ and ‘backwards’" https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-b1908974.html

Great news, they are planning on another!

I made the same face when I read about a 5th Matrix movie!

Last edited by Torgus; 12-28-2021 at 12:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 12:26 PM   #114
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

^I'm gonna give her the benefit of doubt since she said *characters*, not persons.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 12:58 PM   #115
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i xdrive

Garage List
My Son and I went and saw it yesterday.

Whilst there was nothing new in it I, and this is a sad indictment I know, didn’t think it was as bad as I was expecting.

I think fans of the series will still enjoy it but it’s no Guns of Navarone!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 04:43 PM   #116
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
BTW did the the actress who played The Oracle
in the first films also appear in the 4th as the scientist in the lab growing plants?
No idea but doubtful as how would that make sense? You should ask ppl like Torgus who's really invested in this, I only have some basic knowledge.

Quote:
To be doing Kung Fu moves Reeves is getting a little long in the tooth at age 55-56 (age at filming). I read that Reeves had injured his neck prior to filming so I winder if the action sequences were just them working around it.
Ah, that would explain it but it's still a big letdown, as all Neo basically did was 'jazz hands' the whole film haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
The Matrix was in no way expected to be a trilogy. Hollywood and $$$ got involved.

Wow where to start...I got through 45m before I turned if off in degust. Tried it again and finally finished it. There were some cool scenes, but over all it felt...weak, forced, and unbelievable.

The whole 'we solved bullet time and now use it against you' stupid.

The whole 'you create energy when you two are together under stress and we harvest it' stupid.

The whole Niobe plot line was so off. She is now old as fuck, says she never believed in Neo. Yet, and they cover this, she gave him her ship yet she and faced court martial yet she did not believe in him? She ends up making the exactly same mistakes her boyfriend did in the 3rd movie by being an idiot hard ass. How did she not believe Neo was the one when the machines would have clearly stated what Neo did. How else are some of them at peace with the humans? Nope had nothing to do with Neo flying off and all the god damn symbolism at the end of the 3rd movie that you put in Lana. She did not go looking for their bodies? The hero's of civilization? Didn't ask the Machines? Nothing? There are so many plot holes left and right. Her lesbian lover felt pushed and added nothing to the movie or maybe that was her BF from 3 who has transitioned from M to F?

NPH could have been AWESOME as an evil villain. He ended up being meh. Not nearly and cold and calculating as expected with that name.

The whole story is those two together create so much power in the real world they Machines must harness it and that the Matrix is really a love story...is nice? I guess nuclear power does not work without sunlight? That was always a plot hole from day 1. It would make more sense if the people were used for computing power and energy or something but I digress.

As someone who watched the 1st 3 in the theaters, read the comics, watched the Animatrix, owned the DVDs, etc. This movie is a MASSIVE fan let down and I expect on IMDB to be under 5 stars after all is said and done: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10838180/

Oh a the new Morpheus sucked ass. The new smith was just...pathetic. We go from bad ass Hugo agent smith to preppy trust fund baby who everyone wants to punch in his douchey mouth?

Please next time, new writers, new directors, and a new plot. Make a prequel FFS. Explore some other area of the world or the Matrix or both. Do not let the sisters make any more movies!!!
TY, and damn, lots of good pts! That Niobe one was a head-scratcher, I was already confused about her ambivalence towards Neo to be put off by the bad makeup (didn't even realize it was the same actress, what's the pt if can't even recognize it's the same person?).

NPH looked the part/aged nicely for this role, could've been more. The Smith and Morpheus ones, ugh, yep, horrible.

Why didn't the other W sibling take part (at least as director)?

I'd rather see a sequel than a prequel though.
Jazz hands!! lol

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 05:04 PM   #117
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Jazz hands!! lol
You know it!

Here's Keanu's fight choreographer for Matrix 4 (a bit of a step down from Yuen Woo-ping I'd say)

EDIT: "Comments are turned off" in that YT video LOL
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?

Last edited by tranquility; 12-28-2021 at 05:09 PM..
Appreciate 1
F32Fleet3789.50
      01-04-2022, 12:27 PM   #118
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

I thought the last movie ended with Neo setting a good example, getting the damn shot and going back to work ending those unprecedented times.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 07:17 PM   #119
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]

Matrix 4 should have been called the Sense 8 reunion set in the Matrix. Sense 8 got canceled for a good reason too expensive to produce, not popular enough, etc. Netflix did piss of the LGBT community who took the cancellation of a show with a large number of LGBT characters, during the first week of pride month, as a direct affront. Anywho the above video has some spoilers but it sums it up very well. Just so many plot holes and weak writing etc.

Last edited by Torgus; 01-05-2022 at 07:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 11:01 AM   #120
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Looks like it will lose 100M:https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/the-...s-100-million/ <-- comments are funny to read.

Which kills any more reboots. Which is a shame because again a prequel could/would have been BAD ASS.

Last edited by Torgus; 01-10-2022 at 12:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 11:12 AM   #121
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

^That's what they get for putting in a 1/2X'd effort.
Appreciate 1
Torgus3791.00
      01-10-2022, 11:20 AM   #122
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
Looks like it will lose 100M:https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/the-...s-100-million/

Which kills any more reboots. Which is a shame because again a prequel could/would have been BAD ASS.
While for me it was the worst Matrix and an all around bad movies, I still thought they would have made some $$ just off the name. I mean I saw it even after hearing all the bad reviews.

I wonder if it has something to do with being on HBO. That’s where I saw it, would not have seen it in theaters and I don’t know anyone who did see it in theaters.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 11:22 AM   #123
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

The question now is which group is worse, GOT final season apologists or Matrix 4? Ugh.
Appreciate 1
Torgus3791.00
      01-10-2022, 01:03 PM   #124
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
The question now is which group is worse, GOT final season apologists or Matrix 4? Ugh.
I don't think I've met a GOT final season apologist. Always thought it was universally hated among all.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 2
Torgus3791.00
      01-10-2022, 01:08 PM   #125
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
I don't think I've met a GOT final season apologist. Always thought it was universally hated among all.
Count yourself very very very lucky. They are super-annoying, believe me. Total lack of reason or taste.
Appreciate 1
wtwo318715.00
      01-10-2022, 02:06 PM   #126
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
Don’t summon them. Please. There are apologists for the most illogical reasons now days.
Appreciate 3
wtwo318715.00
Torgus3791.00
      02-05-2022, 05:19 AM   #127
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

I found myself a tad disappointed with Matrix Resurrections. I was really looking forward to the movie and I'm a big fan of the series overall, but something was missing from the film. I really didn't enjoy it much.
Appreciate 0