E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > N53 Remap review

02-28-2023, 08:59 AM   #1
Simbl
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330i

N53 Remap review

Hi guys,

There is nearly no reviews or info on N53 remaps. I had my car remapped yesterday by phantom tuning in bedford uk. It is a remap loaded from whatever remap database they use so probably similar to what most remappers are using. Take around two hours due to having to download the DME data.

Unfortunately I didn’t get a before and after dyno run. The dyno is out of action on saturdays. However, I’m not doing it for big as we know this is an NA engine.

I have new plugs, no injector issues and the car was running great before this. The intake valves were cleaned about 3k miles ago and engine oil about 6k. I also have Xhp tune, K&N filter and mishimoto intake boot. I have quite a lot of suspension mods too.

First impressions. The engine runs way smooth on idle and just general driving. Instantly the mpg is a lot better my average has gone from 23mpg - 28-30mpg. A huge increase. Bear in mine I suspect faulty nox sensor which I will be replacing with noxem. There is noticeable torque in the 1.5-2k rev range with much better throttle response. The torque delivery is much more even and consistent throughout the rev range. This now means the rears break loose much more easily. The car now feels like the torque delivery is a gear lower and I feel less need to change down. The biggest improve in acceleration is the end of 1st gear where the feels much faster seems to rev more quickly. The gear change feels less aggressive even though the Xhp tune was not changed but I think this is due to more torque. I now can change to third at about 65-70mph where it use to be at 60mph. When accelerating the rear suspension squalls and stays consistently squared for long than it use to which against suggest a bit more torque. I’m having to also press the pedal less to go the same speed I was going before.

Those are my initial impressions I will update after a bit more driving, commuting and a long term mpg.

It’s no turbo car gains but it certainly makes the engine more exciting and characterful which is what I was hoping for.

Driving against a focus st3 it feels considerably faster.

Power is suggested to be 282hp which I think is a bit ambitious. However all of this was with my rather large 25 stone friend in passenger seat.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 05:27 AM   #2
0l0dom0l0
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 330i

What do you have? 325i, or 330i?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2023, 02:09 PM   #3
Simbl
Private First Class
United Kingdom